how have your musical tastes changed ?

i dont think Halford or Gaahl sang about gay buttsecks, tho i dont like either's band much.

yes they are. they are a grindcore band.
gaycore! lol... they probably suck, literally and figuratively.

Judas Priest has quite a few songs that obviously make reference to Halford's sexuality, including during their early days in the 1970's.

I haven't posted in this thread yet. Interesting.

Here's something we were talking about this weekend.

What metal bands did you USED to listen to a lot, but not really anymore ?
And why did you stop liking them or listening to them ? Not bands that have broken up mind you, just that you don't care for their music anymore.

Dragonforce (at one point they were catchy and fun; now they're just pretty generic)
Stratovarius (same argument)
Blind Guardian (I have not stopped liking them, only stopped listening to them as much)
Dimmu Borgir (I've found much better symphonic black metal)
Norther (again, they were catchy, but there's far better melodeath)
Kamelot (I still love Kamelot, I just don't really listen to them anymore)

In general, I've gone in a more underground direction; but there are still plenty of big mainstream "cheese" bands that I enjoy (Nightwish, Wintersun, Turisas, Rhapsody, etc.).

And what bands did you rarely if ever listen to or like, but now you really love them.Now you have changed your mind, and you can't get enough of them. And why or what changed to make you like them ?

I used to only listen to metal with clean vocals. Turisas was the first band to use harsh vocals that I started to really love, and Emperor and Borknagar were the bands that got me into extreme metal.

So...

Emperor
Borknagar
Moonsorrow
Primordial
Black Messiah
Negura Bunget
Tvangeste

It just took patience on my part. I eventually came to enjoy lots of more extreme forms of metal. Still, I love my metal to have some form of symphonic hook. I especially love bands that use clean and harsh vocals together, and do them well.

A sense of humour is beside the fucking point. Sending an anti gay message via your music is NOT ok.

Im not trying to be an asshole or anything, but why? We have some seriously racistic, anti-human, anti-woman, anti-christian messages through music so whats wrong with some anti-gay?

and about my taste and its changes, its still jumping around on all genres in rock and metal and will always do.

i dont think Halford or Gaahl sang about gay buttsecks, tho i dont like either's band much.

Like Omni said, there's plenty of references to Halford's sexuality on Priest's material. Not to mention his clothing style, which is unconventional to say the least. However, even if they did sing about gay buttsex or not that is beside the point. The point is that they are metal icons and they are open about their homosexuality. What the fuck does it matter if they like ramming teh cock up the ass?

Sorry dude, but you're making yourself look like a total moron here.

My musical tastes have changed quite a bit. My tastes in metal range from every genre except power metal and the past year i have gotten into prog heavily (70's - recent). Ive also been listening to alot of obscure psychedelic and british invasion groups.

Simply put I didn't really venture past Soilwork and In Flames a couple years ago. Now I have a better understanding and appreciation for death metal by exploring the roots and such. I still like both of those bands, but to a lesser extent now that I've taken a huge liking in technical death metal.

Like Omni said, there's plenty of references to Halford's sexuality on Priest's material. Not to mention his clothing style, which is unconventional to say the least. However, even if they did sing about gay buttsex or not that is beside the point. The point is that they are metal icons and they are open about their homosexuality. What the fuck does it matter if they like ramming teh cock up the ass?

Sorry dude, but you're making yourself look like a total moron here.

They? The other guys are straight except ex member Dave Holland who is bi.

Im not trying to be an asshole or anything, but why? We have some seriously racistic, anti-human, anti-woman, anti-christian messages through music so whats wrong with some anti-gay?

lol - those are all uncool too.

It would be akin to a guy with a megaphone on the street spewing out hateful ignorant insults to people. Is that cool? Uh...no.

Slap some music behind him, and all in a sudden it's shocking and people like it because it's flirting with taboo subjects.

Dumb.

X