Name Bands That Have Completely Changed Their Sound

I thought of another band, Crematory, they were amazing doom/death now are industrial metal. I love industrial metal but it doesn't compare to their older stuff.
Also, another band that just came to me is Misery Loves Co. An industrial thrash band with thier first album, then industrial doom. Later they went more mellow and it's almost a hardrock industrial. That was quite sad, thier first two albums were very unique and kicked ass.

Dän;5700103 said:
Satyricon
Dont think any one has said slayer yet either.

I don't think Slayer changed at all, mainly just got worse and revert back to the same ol' shit over and over again.

Amorphis is a band that I wished never changed, same with Sentenced, Atrocity, and Paradise Lost. All went from good death metal (and some other influences), to becoming straight up Gothic hybrids.

Samael's change was a good one. Their metal style was wearing thin and they needed to change. I liked Eternal but the one after that wasn't nearly as good. I haven't heard Era One - any opinions on it?

actually I would say 3 classics, 2 very good albums and 1 slightly above average thrash album (Divine Intervention)

I've always felt that Divine Intervention was pretty underrated. Slayer were one of the few major thrash bands that stuck to their guns (for a few years at least) post-Black Album, and made a fairly strong thrash offering smack bang in the middle of a really bad time for metal. It was nothing groundbreaking but it was solid. I agree that the first 5 albums and the Hauting the Chapel E.P. are downright classic, and that the two after DI are woeful (apart from a few impressive songs off GHUA). I've not heard Christ Illusion yet, apart from the pre-release song Cult, which I have to say is pretty cool but fairly generic Slayer. I'll probably download it first in case it turns out to be another steaming turd, since reviews have been unbelievably mixed... :confused:

I thought Slayer adding a bit more modern hardcore/nu-metal influence led to plodding, uninspired material most of the time and the occassional really good song. As far as other bands that changed their style goes, Katatonia and Death definitely pulled it off the best for me.