7 Horns 7 Eyes—"Throes Of Absolution"

Aaron Smith

Envisage Audio
Feb 10, 2006
Seattle, WA
7H7E_Throes_Cover.jpg

Hey dudes... So as many of you already know, this album will finally be seeing the light of day, April 24th via Century Media, and April 23rd in Europe via Basick Records. It's been a very long time coming and I can't wait! There was recently some discussion about starting a thread where people can ask me production questions, and I said I would start it up, so let's consider this the one.

For right now, I'm also starting this thread because we premiered a new song from the album today! Really excited for people to hear it, give it a listen if you'd like:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/02/23/exclusive-premiere-7-horns-7-eyes-divine-amnesty/

I am so beyond stoked that this album finally has a veritable face and solid release date.

As far as the production goes, how much conflabulation was needed to get the bass track to queezle so well considering how morgophlamic the kick drum is?

No phase trickery, some of the leads are double tracked, but there really hasn't been very much editing done to them at all. Just tight playing :)

I also am beyond stoked for this cd! Was showing a friend your band earlier today. I am gonna be listening to this nonstop for months probably! \m/ Hurry up and come to NC so I can see you guys live!

Oh, man. I'm getting tired being reminded of what I can't listen to for another 2 months.

Jerks.

This song makes me want to punch babies. Really hard. Right in their little faces. This is mega awesome.

evil. im really glad that im not going to have to wait much longer till the album is out ;)

Definitely my type of music. I hope new jeff loomis has this vibe of production too. I wouldnt put reverb to the vocals but thats me. Can you give information of the snare?
Congratulations!!!

Aaron...this sounds fantastic. It's both a musical and sonic treat for the ears. I'm glad this will FINALLY be out soon. I'd love to sit with this for a while and pick this apart with really critical listening. There's just so much to enjoy. (though, I laugh at people's comments on how "evil" it is :lol:)

I absolutely LOVE the vibe in this. It's not even the sonically appealing side of the whole production/mixing, but the AURA involving the whole thing just makes it really really special, extremely good job dude!