7 string guitar

Hypocrisy uses 7-string guitars.

hypocrisy_arrival.jpg

what does the 7 string electric guitar i know is exist but i never seen someone whit it.... you....

The clear answer is Zero Hour. Listen to that shiz. :kickass:

The 7th string is a low B, essentially adding a high bass guitar string to an electric guitar. It allows for interesting tunings and more bass-heavy tone.

John Petrucci plays 7-string. It goes well with a 5+ string bass, allowing heavy riffs on the low B. Joe Satriani plays the 7 occasionally as well... he has a song called "7 String".

hehe, not my favourite band, but they're ok. How is an eight string guitar strung? BEADGBEA or GBEADGBE or something even wierder? Confused...

Nevborn Sleipner 8-String Guitars
Sleipner is the name of Norse God Odin's 8-legged horse, making it a good name for a scandanavian 8-stringed guitar. Fredrik Nevborn is a luthier (in Sweden I think) who builds custom guitars by special order. He has two varieties of 8-string guitars, the Sleipner I which is designed to be tuned A D G C F Bb D G (low to high), and the Sleipner XL, which is tuned F Bb Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb.

The Sleipner XL is used by Fredrik Thordendahl of Meshuggah. The string length is longer than that of a standard electric guitar, giving it a clear, deep sound with lots of overtones when played "clean" and it has a thunderous, gutteral low end when played with distortion. The price tag is steep at $3000 ("prices may vary due to your own setup"), but they are hand-built to order, and Nevborn will work with you to create a custom instrument.

:kickass: