8.8 magnitude earthquake hit chile ( my country )

not to dilute chile's plight or anything, but it seems like they don't require near the amount of humanitarian assistance that haiti does...from what i understand, many of their structures are designed/built to withstand quakes, and their infrastructure, government, and economy seem to be much better equipped to deal with this sort of disaster and the resulting devastation.

That is partially correct, but what really gets us every time there is an earthquake are Tsunamis. My country (Chile) is practically 90% coast, beaches and sea.
33929751.JPG

Still I was quite worried about my bands gear at our rehearsal room, I called my family and the called the drummer to check on our stuff :p . One portion of the roof fell off, luckily on some boxes.

Damphire de donde eres?

after checking that everything was ok at the house, i went and check out my studio, nothing happends, my new peavey 6505+ was ok :D and the rest of my stuff too

Hey Felipe
Good to hear that you are ok man. I was reading the news yesterday and it seems that even São Paulo (the city) has felt some tremors during the major one.

Hi Felipe and Damphire, glad you guys are ok!
The earthquake was terrible. My neighborhood was damaged but nothing compared to the southern people of my country.
After 72 hrs, finally the water and electricity supply came back, so i can share some pic with you guys.

That is partially correct, but what really gets us every time there is an earthquake are Tsunamis. My country (Chile) is practically 90% coast, beaches and sea.
33929751.JPG

Still I was quite worried about my bands gear at our rehearsal room, I called my family and the called the drummer to check on our stuff :p . One portion of the roof fell off, luckily on some boxes.

Who the hell paints a house that shade of pink?

But man, Felipe, when I first heard about the quake.. You, and all of the Chilean sneapsters first came to my mind. I'm glad you're all alright!