8-Bit Electronica Djent

jCo76

Apr 4, 2011
www.facebook.com/skysanctuaryuk

My solo project Sky Sanctuary has two tracks uploaded on the Facebook Page. I'd like to hear some opinions on the mixes themselves as I'm going to start tracking and producing the EP soon, so I welcome any feedback that you guys have!

Cheers,
Joey

Dude you should already know that your tracks are fucking boss. ;) Been a fan for a while. Just waiting for another song haha.

Drums and synths sound good, but the guitars could be a lot more interesting - louder, punchier and in-your-face. I find myself listening to the synths more than the guitars. The drums are a bit robotic, too, but that's not a big deal.

^
Yeah after listening for a bit more I agree with this. The guitars do sound a little bland. But still your music is very well written and I anticipate the next song to be just as good as the others.

I think this shit is cool as hell. My suggestions, and this is preference, from listening is that the guitars are buried by the kick that is dominating the mix. I love my kicks out front but the guitars also have to there as well. Shit is awesome regardless.

this is awesome

vocals would make this for me though. i'm not talking about any cleans, just some screaming vocals would make this fantastic.

i agree on the guitars though, i'd try adding some saturation or something.

Thanks for your input guys. Yeah I do agree about the guitars; giving them a rich and full sound without overpowering any of the synths. All of that fun will come in the mixing stage of the EP though :) I'm gonna be releasing some sort of teaser or video playalong pretty soon, so keep checking back.

@sopulurn, I have thought about vocals, but it's not really what I'm going for. Most of the people that have listened to it like it for the fact it's instrumental and that the 8-bit theme is right in your face. I think adding screamo vocals would take that out somewhat, and possibly be seen as "another metal band" with added synths.