8-Bit-Stereo

8-bit-stereo

New Metal Member
Nov 15, 2005
www.myspace.com
We are a metal band based in Surrey. We do hard-hitting fast paced rock and metal with various external influences from rap and funk. We have been together for a few months and are about ready to start gigging.

We have a few tracks recorded on a shitty voice recorder, but would like your feedback on the content.

http://www.myspace.com/8bitstereo

Cheers

'8-Bit-Stereo'

great stuff! i hear the rap/rock crossover scene is pretty big right now too. remember, success can be hard in the music world, but don't give up on your dreams!

Lykathea said:
well with derons new rules and everything we're apparently not allowed to flame new posters so i'll just give you some constructive criticism ok :)
i thought the biggest think wrong with it was the volume, i suggest turning all of the tracks down a bit
to 0 if thats feasible :) :wave:

right, so you don't like it...wanna tell me why, if it's because you don't like the genre, then that's your choice, if it's as a result of specifics then let me know rather than your "hur hur it's shit, LOLZ".

in addition to lykathea's post, another mixing problem i saw was the individuality/creativity/talent track, you seem to have accidentally left that one on mute or something, possibly buried it in the mix, not sure :confused:

you say you have influences from rap and funk but dont list any rap or funk artists as influences, could this just be because this is just a generic thing that numetal bands say because it makes them sound kind of original when its not really true at all :confused:

polarity3 said:
you say you have influences from rap and funk but dont list any rap or funk artists as influences, could this just be because this is just a generic thing that numetal bands say because it makes them sound kind of original when its not really true at all :confused:

the site was thrown together in 5 mins, just for somewhere to put the songs.

I have shitloads of rap influences, from old shit like jazzy jeff and mc hammer through 2pac, dre, snoop, nwa to modern stuff like eminem.

Jazz, I, personally am not into jazz to much but the drummer is, a lot, and the guitarist is a bit and that is why I cannot name artists.

To the person who mentioned individuality/creativity, we're just making music that we like. I'm thinking that it's quite original but based on a number of quite saturated genres. These are only our 1st couple of tracks, and as we play together more, I'm sure that our style will develop as we get used to writing together, thanks for the feedback guys.

regardless there is no evidence of any of the aforementioned influences other than maybe the ones on your myspace (not even all of them probably) in your music

mentioning an influence in this context means your music is a reflection of the impact it has had on you, usually in the form of a dynamic of that music being present in your own

Necramentia said:
mentioning an influence in this context means your music is a reflection of the impact it has had on you, usually in the form of a dynamic of that music being present in your own

also, because they arn't too apparent in these 3 tracks, how do you know that they arn't in the rest of our songs?

And rap influenced nu-metal, nu-metal influence me. therefore rap influenced me....why are you so pent up on influences, i'll take it off if it'll make you happy