80's Metal Drum Sound --- mix testing

I would like to hear a Steel Panther cover with this kind of drum sound.

Wow, this sounds REALLY good. Could you possibly tell me what you did to get this sound? I've been DYING to learn how to get a good snare sound and guitar sound.

Nice job man! The verb sounds awesome! Did you use multiple instances of it on the individual drums or bus toms/snare/etc to one verb?

Wow, this sounds REALLY good. Could you possibly tell me what you did to get this sound? I've been DYING to learn how to get a good snare sound and guitar sound.

Nice job man! The verb sounds awesome! Did you use multiple instances of it on the individual drums or bus toms/snare/etc to one verb?

it's basically gated reverb on snare and toms! you have to send the snare track to an external bus (or even to an fx track, depending on which DAW you're using)..on the bus (or fx track) you place FIRST a long reverb, like a large hall, and make the signal completely wet (effect at 100%)..then you place a gate, and you tweak it until it sounds good to you..and you do the same for toms! I'm still working on it btw, it's really time consuming!