80s number ones

siderea said:
yeah that plasticine man thing no?

what's the story behind suicide is painless? i only discovered that song 5 years ago in a radio hearing or something. so it's from... m*a*s*h* what kind of movie is that, and is it the same song as i'm talking about (kind of 50ies cover as well?)

M.A.S.H: book, film and a tv series, ran for years. About a field hospital during the korean war. The song was covered by the manic street preachers a few years back, not very well. think the original was written for the show

http://www.mash4077.co.uk/what.html

I really loved that as song as a kid, which is a bit worrying really. Its a weird song for a tv show, specially one that was kinda comical.

24:11:84. Chaka Khan. I Feel For You.

great tune, i used to break dance to that, have a trophy here too from '85 for doing my bit :lol: im so cool

now that i think of it, in wexford a few weeks back, my mate Brian got a horse load of 45's and that was in it :hotjump: theres a Kim Wilde one too im sure Dunc would like, not sure what song, but ill get them off him next time im down

any requests bambi, Adam Ant? i'm sure i saw one there

Bambi said:
18:05:85. Paul Hardcastle. 19.
25:05:85. Paul Hardcastle. 19.
01:06:85. Paul Hardcastle. 19.
08:06:85. Paul Hardcastle. 19.
15:06:85. Paul Hardcastle. 19.

:worship:

ah sound! :worship:

zupi_clone said:

great tune, i used to break dance to that, have a trophy here too from '85 for doing my bit :lol: im so cool

now that i think of it, in wexford a few weeks back, my mate Brian got a horse load of 45's and that was in it :hotjump: theres a Kim Wilde one too im sure Dunc would like, not sure what song, but ill get them off him next time im down

Sues mum knows Kim Wildes aunty. I reckon I'll try for a guest vocal slot somewhere, failing that just a simple slot will do

zupi_clone said:

I dont go in for the ould vinyl at all at all, just makes me think of all the stuff that went tru me hands years ago :erk:

Actually I think the first 45 i owned was stand and deliver :worship:

when he did that cover of "you cant hurry love", me da would turn to me when it was on and go "see? that songs alright, why cant all these other pop stars do proper songs??"

collins threatened to leave the UK if labour won the general election, thus causing labour to win by a landslide lol

Strangelight said:
12:01:80. Pink Floyd. Another Brick In The Wall Part II.
10:01:80. John Lennon. Imagine.
25:02:84. Frankie Goes To Hollywood. Relax.
:worship:

Strangelight said:
16:08:80. Abba. The Winner Takes It All.
06:12:80. Abba. Super Trooper.
...and they still play these goddamn Abba songs on the radio every fucking day. :erk:

Strangelight said:
15:08:81. Stevie Wonder. Happy Birthday.
Almost perfect timing, two days before I entered this goddamn world. :cool:

Strangelight said:
12:07:80. Olivia Newton-John & E.L.O. Xanadu.
23:10:82. Culture Club. Do You Really Want To Hurt Me.
01:10:83. Culture Club. Karma Chameleon.
03:03:84. Nena. 99 Red Balloons.
09:06:84. Wham! Wake Me Up Before You Go Go.
:yell:

Su Jacko said:
also when he had an affair with the nanny of his children, he ran away with her and informed his wife of their divorce by fax.....

that would be acceptable if he was a proper rockstar but hes more like a plumber who made it lucky

Phil Collins is pure evil. I keep having this awful thought of a 3-piece with Collins on drums and vocals, McCartney on bass and vocals and Gilnour on guitar and vocals. The three evils. Awful.