9 Volts. FUCK!!!

Glenn Fricker

Very Metal &Very Bad News
Mar 6, 2005
22 Acacia Avenue
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think the subtitle to this thread should be "I'm a fuckin' moron!"

Here's the story: I just finished tracking rhythm guitars for an album the other day & reamped them today. As I'm going thru the tracks, I'm thinking "hmm, these are sounding somehow weaker." as time progresses. Then I'm thinking "yeah, but that's probably just your ears getting worn down." The reamping took approximately 5 hours, so yeah, it was a distinct possibility.

So I go back into the studio tonight & start listening to the tracks & it's getting pretty obvious there's a tonal difference in the tracks from the early ones to the later ones. Of course, I'm thinking tube burnout or dirty pots or worst case scenario... ...then I decide to check the overdrive pedal. I plug it in & the light is dim. Riiiight... I've been tracking with this pedal for a week straight, 8-10 hours a day.... of course the 9 volt is dying. Well, there goes 5 hours of work down the drain.

Moral of this story: ALWAYS check your 9volts/pedal power supply before embarking on a marathon reamp session.

That, & don't buy cheap dollar store 9 volts!

-0z-

I used to always use 9volts in my pedals. Now I run a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2. So nice having a reliable power supply. Funny thing is, it actually has 'sag' controls on it to mimic dying batteries. when I read your story I had to laugh at that.

Got a PowerAll supply to daisy chain my pedal board as they do them with UK-style plugs as well and they provide various adapter connections for common pedal types. Have 2 sansamp units, a morley wah, a Maxon 808, and a DOD envelope filter hooked up with no probs.

Whats a 9v battery got in common with a girls arsehole?

You know you shouldnt but sooner or later your gonna try and touch it with your tongue

I feel for you, Oz - it's gutting when you think you're done tracking then spot the fuck-up which means you have to go back and do it all again!
Battery power is cleaner than mains adapter supplies, 'cos the mains ripple just can't be completely got rid of.
I'm paranoid when using batteries and probably waste a lot replacing them before I need to.

i also prefer to use batteries... i simply replace them often. i could not imagine using the same battery in a pedal for a week of 8-10 hours days.