9 Year Old Guitar Prodigy

DustyV

Jan 21, 2010
if this has been posted to this forum before and is old news, forgive me :)

I don't know know if anyone on here plays World of Warcraft, but check out this 2009 WOW Convention Youtube video of a 9 year old japanese guitarist playing Crazy Train??

I'm not a guitarist, but from his fingers, it seems like he was nailing it. Anyone ever hear of this kid before? Pretty impressive!!!

seems to nail the solo about 5 minutes into it as well.......

Perhaps a legend in the making

EDIT: here's another 2

#1 Mr Crowley (with his drummer)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BpFVQONe9Y&feature=related[/ame]

OMG check out the solo at 3:30

and

#2 I Don't Know.. (with his drummer)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF1JACv-SRQ&feature=related[/ame]

Yea his singing doen't fit, but I find it adorable based on how old he is......

Randy Rhoads has come back from the grave...... :)

Dusty

Last edited by a moderator:
oh my god paul gilbert kid is great, he is smoother than me,and I've been playing for a while. Paul Gilbert kid is better than billions of famous guitar players in the mags. Wow, I tip my hat to that kid to be able to play the intro to get out of my yard that good, I've tried this not that great, this guy did a really good job. As for ozzy kid I think every guitar player played ozzy at 9, he is very average though,and he got to play with gus so that is a plus too, but overall nothing special to me.

Yea, he's really good too....It's kids like this that put my faith in reincarnation :)....

The prodigy concept has always been a mystery, and probably always will be......

dionysus11,
I highly disagree with you in regards to Yuto. You think he plays average for a 9 year old? Or that he should be able to solo like that at 9? I highly beg to differ....Heck, the guitar is almost bigger than he is...I think he's amazing for a 9 year old, and I see nothing but jaw-dropping remarks on the youtube forums from others(including guitarists), mostly out of jealousy that he's better than they were at that age. He's going to be a legend when he gets older...I wonder if Randy Rhoads was playing like that when he was 9.

Now, if someone here can PROVE to me that they were playing guitar that good by the age of 9, perhaps then I'll see your point.

P.S. That other kid is very awesome as well, neither player should dimish the other, as they are both awesome for their age based on what they are playing.
Of course we can't tell just how good Yuto is until he's playing his own material...

dionysus11,
I highly disagree with you in regards to Yuto. You think he plays average for a 9 year old? Or that he should be able to solo like that at 9? I highly beg to differ....Heck, the guitar is almost bigger than he is...I think he's amazing for a 9 year old, and I see nothing but jaw-dropping remarks on the youtube forums from others(including guitarists), mostly out of jealousy that he's better than they were at that age. He's going to be a legend when he gets older...I wonder if Randy Rhoads was playing like that when he was 9.

Now, if someone here can PROVE to me that they were playing guitar that good by the age of 9, perhaps then I'll see your point.

P.S. That other kid is very awesome as well, neither player should dimish the other, as they are both awesome for their age based on what they are playing.
Of course we can't tell just how good Yuto is until he's playing his own material...

Man, I was rockin the Backstreet Boys when I was 9 hahahaha

I think thats about the age I found my mom's Def Leppard: Pyromania album and everything changed from then on. After that I learned of the Scorps, Crue, Bon Jovi, Ratt, Great White, and finally Metallica got me started with guitar when I was like 14. (Luckily I grew out of Metallica, but not the others!)

I agree with you DustyV. The kid playing Gilbert is smoother, but he is bigger than the Japanese kid even if they are around the same age. Yuto has to stretch his fingers a lot farther to accomplish the same runs/scales as the big kid. They both are incredible for their age.