90's Metal

scottishthrax said:
It all went wrong when the Christ / Von / Biscuits line up split.

Danzig's never recovered.
Agreed! You win a beer!--->:kickass:
Really though, how could you go wrong when you have a guy in your band named "Chuck Biscuits"???

MyHatred said:
:lol: :lol: WOW:lol: :lol:

You really need to get out from under the "stuck in the eighties" rock. There was some amazing albums that came out in the 90's.

who says 80's, I like a lot of the 00's albums, maybe you should come out from under the 90's rock......

Of course there were some good 90's albums like TESTAMENT's "the gathering", ANTHRAX "persistence of time" or SODOM's "Code red", but not much. I actually like a lotta albums from 90-92 like the first two PanterA records, OVER KILL's "horrorscope" etc etc, but from 94 on most metal sucked and wasn't even worthy of being called metal IMO, but of course even in that era there are exception, sadly IMO ANTHRAX wasn't one of them.

spacebeer said:
who says 80's, I like a lot of the 00's albums, maybe you should come out from under the 90's rock......

Of course there were some good 90's albums like TESTAMENT's "the gathering", ANTHRAX "persistence of time" or SODOM's "Code red", but not much. I actually like a lotta albums from 90-92 like the first two PanterA records, OVER KILL's "horrorscope" etc etc, but from 94 on most metal sucked and wasn't even worthy of being called metal IMO, but of course even in that era there are exception, sadly IMO ANTHRAX wasn't one of them.

Sorry Spacey, im just pulling your leg.....

sudamerican thraser said:
ANTHRAX:all albuns whit BELLADONNA, SPITZ (orignal line up)
Testament: practice what your preach
megadeth: rust in peace
Slayer: raing in blood
judas priest: jugulator (tim ripper...ufff!!)
Suicidal tendencies:How Will I Laugh Tomorrow
Pantera: Vulgar display of power and cowboys from hell
Sacre reich: American way and surf nicaragua

slayer has no album called raing in blood its called reign in blood and it came out in the 80's

scottishthrax said:
Motley Crue's album with John Corabi in '94 was (is) fantastic, really heavy. Corabi has a fantastic voice.

I also love Danzig 3rd and 4th albums, both are fantastic.

damn straight about the crue with corabi. thyats there best album. check out the bands union and scream. john corabi was in both. here's some good metal albums that came out in the 90's that i'm not sure if anyone mentioned them.

machine head- burn my eyes
crowbar- obedience thru suffering
down- nola
warrant- dog eat dog
l.a. guns- vicious circle
l.a. guns- hollywood vampires
KISS- carnival of couls
l.a. guns- american hardcore
fight- war of words

MyHatred said:
Okay, smarty pants....explain why it isn't metal????

To say Mr Bungle's self titled album is metal doesn’t make any sense. None of the ingredients that make a metal song/album are present consistantly - they may appear from time to time but are usually separated by a swung jazzy section or circus like passage. That album is too eclectic to really be put in any specific music genre…. Except perhaps avant guard! The closest classification id give it to metal would be alternative rock…

Grunge didnt do shit to metal. matter of fact, metal was doing just as good it did i these 80s. if i madea list of my favorite albums from the 90s it would just be as long as a list for the 80's.

Jockthrax said:
Even though Kurt and co were supposed to be killing metal there was still a load of my favorite metal albums of all time released..... Nowadays there's only the odd one or two that i'd consider even listening to.

Personal favorites:
Anthrax: SOWN & Stomp 442:headbang:
Prong: Cleansing
Slayer:Divine Intervention
Megadeth: Countdown to Extinction
Headswim: Flood
The Almighty: Powertrippin':headbang:
Biohazard: State of the world address

it was the 80's hair bands they killed, not metal.