A band to check out....Subsignal (ex-Sieges Even members)

mëtålspëd

Umlauts ist Krieg
May 2, 2004
MA
www.vintageocwhite.com
I know we have a couple Sieges Even fans in the house. The new Subsignal disc hits the street in a few days time, and the guitarist Markus has put up a full track off this disc. I am loving the hell out of it... and am greatly looking forward to hearing the entire release.

For those that don't know, its Arno Menses (ex vocalist) and Markus Steffen (ex guitarist). It is not as technical as past SE releases, but I can definitely hear the vibe still.

http://www.subsignalband.com/playlist/beautiful.mp3

Thanks for the news! I had heard something was coming out, but I did not realize they recruited some good talent. When I first read about the the new project I was mostly concerned about the missing Holzwarth brothers (which the lasersedge review touches on that void). I will have to give it a try for what it is and not what it is not.

From www.melodicrock.com:

SUBSIGNAL CONFIRMED TO SUPPORT SAGA!:
After the triumphant success of their critically acclaimed 2009-debut album 'Beautiful & Monstrous' and a support tour for German Krautrockers Jane in Fall 2009, Subsignal will now be supporting Canadian legend SAGA at their upcoming tour. Besides that, 'Beautiful & Monstrous' will hit the stores in the UK (via Cargo) and in the USA (via Koch) on February 22, 2010. Subsignal will also play a couple of headliner shows during the leg of the SAGA-tour where you can expect a full, 70-minutes Subsignal-set list, enriched with some classics of Arno's and Markus' Sieges Even period (2005-2008). Check out the following dates:
Subsignal On Tour
27.03.2010 Osnabrück, Rosenhof (with Saga)
29.03.2010 Hamburg, Logo (without Saga)
30.03.2010 Darmstadt, Centralstation (with Saga)
31.03.2010 Paderborn, Capitol (with Saga)
01.04.2010 Rüsselsheim, Das Rind (without Saga)
02.04.2010 CH-Uster/Zürich, Rock City (without Saga)
03.04.2010 Stuttgart, LKA Longhorn (with Saga)
07.04.2010 Bonn, Brückenforum (with Saga)
08.04.2010 Mannheim, 7er Club (without Saga)
09.04.2010 Menden, Hubertushalle (with Saga)
13.04.2010 München, Muffathalle (with Saga)
Tickets: www.Eventim.de.

I was disappointed when SE broke apart, but I've been happy withthe music they've put out as Subsignal. It still retains a lot of the enjoyable elements in my opinion and continues to add to my collection :headbang: