a cornucopia of Claypool news!

Chromatose

Squid pro quo
Apr 5, 2002
Maryland
[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial]OF WHALES AND WOE CD PREORDER BEGINS TODAY![/FONT]

The pre-order for the upcoming Les Claypool album, Of Whales and Woe, is available now! Click here to pre-order.

When you pre-order the new album Of Whales and Woe, you'll receive a FREE digital download of "Cosmic Highway", performed live by Les Claypool and his fancy band on 10-16-05 at the Roxy in Boston. PLUS, you'll automatically be entered into a contest to win one of five autographed copies of Les' debut novel, "South of the Pumphouse".

Of Whales and Woe marks the first album release under the name Les Claypool. Though previous "solo" efforts were issued under a variety of monikers, these new recordings are the most self-contained to date. While Claypool's band members add some degree of instrumental variety (Skerik - Sax, Mike Dillon - Marimba & Percussion, Gabby La La -Sitar), Les handles guitar, percussion, and drums as well as his usual bass and vocals. Containing a variety of musical styles, this CD also includes Les' theme for Seth Green's hit animated show "Robot Chicken" that airs on Cartoon Network.

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial]SOUTH OF THE PUMPHOUSE:
The Debut Novel Out In July
[/FONT]

A dark, clever tale of two brothers, a fishing trip, misconceptions, drugs and murder, South of the Pumphouse skillfully combines classic motifs of epic struggle and intelligent layers of imagery, reminiscent of The Old Man and the Sea, and the raw, tweaked perspective and hallucinogenic tutorial of a Hunter Thompson novel.

But like Les Claypool's music, the material is still hugely innovative, highly independent, and excruciatingly thought-provoking. South of the Pumphouse is sure to be a cult phenomenon, doing for books what Donnie Darko and the Coen brothers did for film: bringing disquiet back to the forefront of popular writing.

Look for South of the Pumphouse to be released in July from Akashic books.

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial]LES CLAYPOOL TOUR: Pre-Sale Tickets Available[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial]Claypool Tickets now has Pre-Sale tickets available for the shows below listed in bold: [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial] claypooltickets.musictoday.com

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial]JUNE
6.01 Thu - San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield Theatre
6.02 Fri - Portland, OR @ Roseland Theatre
6.03 Sat - Seattle, WA @ The Showbox
6.05 Mon - Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
6.07 Wed - Park City, UT @ Suede
6.09 Fri - Boulder, CO @ Boulder Theatre
6.10 Sat - Lawrence, KS @ Wakarusa Festival
6.11 Sun - Minneapolis, MN @ Quest
6.13 Tue - Milwaukee, WI @ The Eagles Club
6.14 Wed - Chicago, IL @ Vic Theatre
6.16 Fri - Manchester TN @ Bonnaroo (Oysterhead)
6.17 Sat - Manchester TN @ Bonnaroo (Les Claypool)
6.18 Sun - St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
6.20 Tue - Dallas, TX @ Gypsy Tea Room & Ballroom
6.21 Wed - Austin, TX @ La Zona Rosa
6.23 Fri - Tucson, AZ @ Rialto Theatre
6.24 Sat - Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
6.25 Sun - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
6.27 Tue - Hollywood, CA @ The Avalon
6.28 Wed - Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
6.29 Thu - Santa Cruz, CA @ The Catalyst

JULY
7.06 Thu - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues
7.07 Fri - Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution
7.08 Sat - St. Petersburg, FL @ Jannus Landing
7.10 Mon - Atlanta, GA @ Variety Playhouse
7.11 Tue - Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
7.13 Thu - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
7.14 Fri - Masontown, WV @ All Good Festival
7.15 Sat - New York City, NY @ Nokia Theatre Times Square
7.17 Mon - Boston, MA @ The Roxy
7.18 Tue - Providence, RI @ Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
7.20 Thu - Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground Ballroom
7.21 Fri - Toronto, ON @ Phoenix Concert Theatre
7.22 Sat - Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Oh man, there's more than one Roxy in the universe? WORST VENUE EVAR!!! The LA one anyhow.

Yeah I'm getting this. The CD. The book. The tickets. The everything. Duh. :dopey:

Anyone else a big enough fanboy to have the To Defy the Laws of Tradition photo album? It's pricey but really cool, not just press shit. Lots of personal photos. Mine is autographed. [/neener]

Hey Chromie! Could you do me a favor and jewsend Bastardizing Jellikit for me?

The only Primus song (that I know of) that I've never heard! Probably just a remix of Jellikit, I dunno.

NADatar said:
Hey Chromie! Could you do me a favor and jewsend Bastardizing Jellikit for me?

The only Primus song (that I know of) that I've never heard! Probably just a remix of Jellikit, I dunno.

nahhhh don't have it! I have no idea if it's on any albums other than the Airhead's soundtrack, which sadly I do not have.

Did you send me them shitz? I don't know where it be!

I will search for Bastardizing Jellikit. Oh yes, I shall. As far as I know it was only on that Airheads soundtrack.

EDIT: $0.75 on half.com, I'll buy it. :dopey:

bonnaroo? figures. hippie-FEST

anyway, i thought of les claypool today when i was taking a shit at work.