A Day To Remember vocal technique

I'm trying to figure out how they get that effect on the vocals
It sounds doubled but with some extra stuff on it
Demon Hunter has a similar vocal mix
anyone know how to get close to this effect?

http://www.myspace.com/adaytoremember

listen to Welcome To The Family to hear what I'm talking about

record a few sylables at a time so the screamer can use all of his air on each scream (some people dont need to do that, most do)

then double everything, and TIGHTLY edit every take!

takes years, but thats how you do it. it sucks

oh yeah, and how to splice the phrases....

like this:

if the phrase is "my thumbs are in your eyes and they keep fucking pushing"

you'll want to record each of the following phrases as an overlapping take on the same track (you'll need to be handy with the punch button)

"my thumbs are in your eyes and they"

then record "and they keep fucking pushing" (only keep the they, not the and)

and then "fucking pushing" (keep the king pushing, not the fuck)

Oh yea!
I completely forgot that you tracked them dude!
lol
Thanks a lot for that explanation
I'll definitely try that out on the current band I'm recording
Their vocals are just begging for that kind of sound
lol

i actually didnt record a day to remember

but we did have them guest vocal on the for the fallen dreams record im working on right now

i didnt get to work with jeremy personally (he recorded his part on the tour bus with chris), but i can tell you. its literally just a double, and the guy is really good at doubles (they're look almost exactley the same in the wave form, and lots of attention paid to the length of the sylables, they match up perfectly).

if you're having trouble with long phrases, my technique works well.

other than that, pronounce your ass off. use lots of air. most of the magic is gonna have to come from the vocalist. part of being a producer is either, a: knowing when the vocalist isn't giving you the take you want, and b: knowing what to do or say to get the take you want.

haha
I thought i saw somewhere around here that Adam D. said he didn't get some guitar di's from you for a day to remember or something
lol
maybe not though
haha
thanks a lot dude!

no actually this was an entire different situation

a day to remember was reluctant to have adam d mix their record because of how my children my bride record turned out. as you know i recorded the my children my bride record. he claims i didnt give him guitar DI tracks so he couldn't reamp. but he actually did reamp the guitars, he just did a terrible job at it.

honestly i love adam d's work, but when he mixes something he didnt record, something WRONG happens in the universe, and it sounds terrible

you'll want to record each of the following phrases as an overlapping take on the same track (you'll need to be handy with the punch button)

does Nuendo no have a pre roll/post roll feature that records everything in the pre and post roll(not just the selection). That's what i use in pro tools when i just need 1 or 2 words in a phrase. No need to be handy with the punch button:)
maybe i'm just reading this the wrong way

but he actually did reamp the guitars, he just did a terrible job at it.

honestly i love adam d's work, but when he mixes something he didnt record, something WRONG happens in the universe, and it sounds terrible

yeah he told me he reampled with a 5150 through a Marshall cab
:puke:

Ohhhh
gotcha now
lol
Yea I generally like Adam D.'s stuff but was kind of disappointed on MCMB's album
I say they definitely should have stuck with you

lmao:lol:
+12345

i do have to say that generally Adam D.'s stuff is good, but i guess he just didn't give it 100%?

lmao:lol:
+12345

i do have to say that generally Adam D.'s stuff is good, but i guess he just didn't give it 100%?

haha
Yea
I guess it wasn't really your guys' fault
as you couldn't have predicted that a producer who normally has amazing stuff, for some reason had an off record or something
love the music!
not a huge fan of the guitar tone though:/

Thanks for the tips Joey.

Does anyone how the clean vocals are done? Is it doubled or just a chorus effect? How are the doubled tracks panned? Also, do harmonies follow the same process?