A Decent Monday

J

jjmannford

Finally received Blink and The Blueprint remastered today. :D I previously heard Blink on DA, but now I get to fully digest with CD quality sound but I need to give a few more spins before it sinks in. I write a review soon.

Thoughts on Blueprint Remastered though----
I really like Brian's voice. Doug sounds great too. It is really cool listening to Doug and Brian's versions of the songs. No offense to Ted, b/c Ted is the voice of Enchant, but I think I like Open Eyes with Brian a bit better. There is a vocalist that sounds just like Brian, but damn it, I cannot pinpoint it. Any help??? it is on the the tip of my tongue. The Calling and Dollars and Cents are really good songs. You guys must have so many good songs in the attic, just hope they see the light of day sometime. Enchanted acoustic is cool too, really works in that minimulistic (spelling, sorry just trying to use a SAT word) state. Ted shines as always. Thanks for releasing this. It is definitely an excellent piece of history.

Jim

I know that this is maybe a bit more obscure than I first thought, but I think Brian's voice sounds a lot like the lead singer in the band Go West. You know the song we close our eyes and that song in the Pretty Woman movie. Listen to verses of Open Eyes...I think he sounds a lot like him. Call me crazy, but thats what I hear.:rolleyes:

or 'You can lead a horse to water'

Thats a lot like Peter Cox (looked on the web and found the Go West lead singers name)

:p

Jim

That is a good one! Peter Cox is damn close! I always kind of heard Simon La Bon as well? Brian actually even resembled him a bit? He has a great 80's voice! And he is indeed a talented fellow!

Trivia for die hard Enchant fans! What was / is Brians full nickname ??????? hint seven letters? :)

Damn your quick Dan

You must have been talking to Doug recently! or Just very knowledgable of Enchant history!

Hey thanks for the great review too

Ed

Hey Ed :)

That's right I talked with Doug last week but we never pronounced the name of Brian Cline (right Doug ?)

btw I was torn in two between the shitape and the fecalape (huh-oh Poetry time here friends lol)
But when you said it was a 7 letter word it was easy for me to guess it was the fecalape huh non the shitape !

There I guess I'm maybe knowledgeable of Enchant's history
Ze Dan

Now playing : Queen - Queen II