Favorite song from each Enchant album?

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
I just want to generate some more discussion on the great music of Enchant... these are my favorites from each album (although it's really hard to pick amongst such consistantly excellent material)

Blueprint: My favorite song from this album is "Acquaintance". The lyrics are so sad, especially after reading Doug Ott's explanation. I think the music is very lush and beautiful, and I love Paul's cymbal work during the chorus... just amazing! Ted Leonard's vocal melodies are very catchy as well. Just a beautiful song.

Wounded: My favorite song is "Pure". I love the acoustic guitars in this beautiful "power ballad?"... and the way Ted's vocals soar during the chorus...

Time Lost: Don't have it yet... should be arriving soon.

Break: "My Gavel Hand"... this is a very pretty song... I especially love the softer parts, Doug's searing guitar solo, and Ted's vocals towards the end... "spinning a wheel... but getting nowhere"

Juggling: "What To Say"... the lyrics stunned me... I felt like crying when reading the inspiration for this in the liner notes of the limited edition... and the music is so lush and beautiful... Ted contributes one of his best performances and Doug Ott once again contributes an emotional, crying solo... I love the acoustic reprise at the end of the album... "Know That"...

Blink: Tough to choose... but I went with "My Everafter"... this song just GROOVES! Extraordinarily beautiful. The chorus is one of the finest Enchant has ever crafted... I love the simple guitar, Sean's cymbal work (I love cymbals) and Ted's emotional and melodic vocals... the the midsection with the dueling guitar and awesome keyboard solos... simply jawdropping...

Wounded- TIE/Below Zero, and Fade 2 Grey
Time Lost- Interact
Juggling- TOUGH one..Gotta go with Black Eyes & Broken Glass
Blink of An Eye- Ultimate Gift
Break- Surrounded
Blueprint- At Death's Door

Here are mine:)

Blueprint- Acquaintance
Wounded- Only just got it and haven't spun it enough yet:(
Time Lost- New Moon
Break- My Enemy (and favourite song of theirs total!)
Juggling- What to Say
Blink of an Eye- Under Fire

Cheerio

Blueprint - Acquaintance
Wounded - Below 0
Time Lost - Under the Sun
Break - Surrounded
Juggling - Paint the Picture or What to Say (depending on mood)
Blink - Invisible

and lest not forget Nearfest 2002 - Below 0
(listen to it EVERYTIME I lift weights and run on the treadmill at my gym, b/c it is awesome at getting me pumped up:yow: )

Blueprint - Catharsis
Wounded - tie between Pure, Broken, Armour, Missing
Time Lost - Blindsided
Break - Surrounded
Juggling - tie between What to Say, Black Eyes & Broken Glass, and Broken Wave
Blink - Under Fire, Flat Line, Invisible

ABOTW-Tie: East of Eden/The Thirst (because its the 1st Enchant song I ever heard!)
Wounded-Tie: Look Away/Below Zero
Time Lost-Under the Sun
Break-My Enemy
J9orD10-Colors Fade
BlinkOAEye-Tie: (sorry :)) Under Fire/Seeds of Hate

All time fave, between The Thirst, Under the Sun, My Enemy.

Great idea for a post by the way. We need LOTS more posts/discussions on the board!

hhmm, that's a tuff one!

botw: The Thirst
wounded: Pure
Time lost: Blind Sided
Break: My enemy
J9od10: What to say
Boae: Under fire

bye
wolfi

Blueprint: Acquaintance or Enchanted, depends on the day.
Wounded: Armour
Time Lost: Blindsided
Break: In The Dark (probably my favorite Enchant lyrics)
Juggling: What To Say (One of the finest vocal performances I've ever heard)
Blink: Flatline

Of course, very hard decisions when it comes to so much great material. :)

I just got "Time Lost"... and my 2nd copy of "Wounded"... :lol: What a great package!

Anyways... I think my early favorite from "Time Lost" is "Blind Sided"