What was the first Enchant song you heard?

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
For me: "Paint the Picture"... and I loved it right away... the beautiful acoustic verses and powerful, warm vocals of Ted Leonard drew me in immediately... I've been in love with Enchant since!

The Thirst!

Back in '96, I believe it was, I heard about some upcoming bands called *cough* Lemur Voice, and it was then, perusing the Magna Carta catalogues that I heard of a band called Enchant who, I humorously recognized, used Simply 3D to create their album cover. :D I had this program and recognized the models. hehehe.

Anyway, I bought their album at the same time I got the Lemur Voice album. Guess which album I wound up liking the most? :D

Time lost (album) was actually my first intro to Enchant, when it was first released, I bought it after sampling it in a record shop and never looked back.

Needles to say when Break was released very soon after I very rarely played Time Lost again, Break was mostly astounding I thought, and have never since been as impressed with their albums (I think they are all great but Break really does it for me)

Cheers:)

My first experience sounds very similar to Korg's; I was searching the Magna Carta artists in the local shop, except instead of Lemur Voice, it was Altura! (who have since dropped from the face of the earth)
I picked up Blueprint that day as well sometime in '96, and never turned backed after hearing The Thirst.

Of course too, I wonder which CD I still like better to this day. :)

Chris Lamka, the owner of Of Sound Mind, played Oasis while Iluvatar was setting up their gear in his store before they played a set. Luckily he had some Dream Circle BOTW CDs in the store. That was a great day because I got introduced to Iluvatar and Enchant. :D

I'll bore you with a story. I went to see Marillion in 92 at Hammerjacks in Baltimore, and before the show, this guy gives me his business card. Of Sound Mind ---- it must be some drug paraphernalia store, I assume, so I just stuff it away in my wallet. On day during the summer of 93, I root around my wallet for a phone number I got from a chick I met the previous drunken night, and I find the Of Sound Mind card. (never did find that number, which sucks b/c I thought she was hot:mad:, but I could have been beer goggling :loco: ) Reading the fine print I realize that it is a music store, so I decided to give them a visit . Chris, a great guy, plays me some great music, and I leave the store with Echolyn S/T, Everon Paradoxes, IQ The Wake, Jadis More than Meets the Eye, and Pendragon The World. My grand foray into 'prog' rock. Anybody have any other stories how they got into 'Prog' rock before the age of the Internet?

Take it easy, (The new ACT cd, The Last Epic is going to be out soon, which should be awesome)
Jim

Rock Video Monthly.

My friend got a subscription to that thing back in about '93 or '94. One month, he was blown away by a video for some band called Dream Theater whose Another Day video was featured on the tape.

Well, he went out and found their CD, played it for me, and I made fun of it. What can I say? I was big into "tr00" metal (like Metallica, HAHAHAHAHA) and grunge back then.

Anyway, he wanted me to learn a song of theirs so we could cover it so I bought the tape and listened to it. After a couple of listens, things just began to click. It wasn't my favorite kind of stuff, but it was alright. Well, then came their Awake album. After a couple of listens to that, I was hooked.

Then I met a guy in college who was into alot of really old school stuff. He was more of a Power Metal fan who got me into stuff like Riot and Crimson Glory. Hence came the internet, and that's where I got hooked on everything I presently know.

The Thirst

I was blown away by the subtle yet mesmerizing drumming, the delicate melody, the though provoking lyrics, and the understated yet technical instrumentation at first listen. I've been hooked ever since.

Originally posted by dolphz
The Thirst

I was blown away by the subtle yet mesmerizing drumming, the delicate melody, the though provoking lyrics, and the understated yet technical instrumentation at first listen. I've been hooked ever since.

Yes, that intro melody is very delicate... Enchant are the masters at the "delicate melody"...

Jim you have the best stories you kill me brother.

I had to chime in because Oasis was the first song Douglas ever played me long before I had ever joined the band. I told him he was full of crap that Paul only had one pedal on that song. That is the famous Ape beat ever since! Thats not double bass pedals.

Seriously I was blown away by my best friend writing such an amazing piece. And this crazy drummer :) I heard the many demos and tapes to follow in the early days and was hooked!