Which Enchant song means the most to you?

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
For me... it would be "What To Say" and its acoustic reprise "Know That" from the "Juggling 9...Or Dropping 10" album. The music alone is amazing... Ted could be singing about eating a chicken leg and it still be incredible... but those lyrics are so powerful... and beautiful and sad... but sad in a positive way strangely enough... and to read the inspiration behind those lyrics in the liner notes from limited edition of "Juggling" just made me cry. A masterpiece that I always listen to. Thanks Enchant.

"At Death's Door"

A good friend of mine lent me a couple of Enchant cd's years ago. It was just after my father passed away. I would sit and listen to that song over and over. Really helped me through a tough time.

I agree with ProgMetalFan. What to say is the one of the most beautifull "sad" song I have ever heard. The lyrics and the reason why it was composed, made me think over somethings when loosing a friend or a parent. Really love that song by the first time I heard it.

I do love Aquantaince to! and of course, PURE!!!! Specially the special version on the Wound LTD Edition.

I would have to go with "The Ultimate Gift', and 'Acquaintance'...obviously, both songs interconnect, but the way Ted sings, and the emotion behind those two songs just blows me away....

Originally posted by StocktontoMalone
I would have to go with "The Ultimate Gift', and 'Acquaintance'...obviously, both songs interconnect, but the way Ted sings, and the emotion behind those two songs just blows me away....

I agree... those 2 songs are very powerful and exceptionally beautiful. I always loved Craddick's cymbal work during the chorus to "Acquaintance".... and I love the way the chorus was reprised at the end of "Ultimate Gift"... it gives a sense of closure, I think.

Every album has that "special" track, for me the dearest would be MY ENEMY off BREAK, it is one of my most listened to songs of all time (along with Dream Theater's SCARRED)

I think everyone should go back and rediscover the majesty of it!!!:)

These are my fave ENCHANT songs, which mean the most to me:

Acquaintance
East of Eden
Pure
Hostile World
Look Away
Foundations
Interact
Mettle Men
My Enemy
The Lizard
The Cross
Paint the Picture
Juggling Knives
Traces *(have you noticed the 2nd part of this amazing track, that orgasmic ending that erupts into a flurry of emotions?)
Seeds of Hate
Ultimate Gift
My Everafter
Despicable

Originally posted by Alberik

Traces *(have you noticed the 2nd part of this amazing track, that orgasmic ending that erupts into a flurry of emotions?)

I agree... that 2nd half is incredibly powerful and beautiful.

It's a very hard choice to make, but I think Under Fire has the most meaning to me right now.

After me and my wife had children, my whole perspective of life changed, and the subject of Under Fire enters my mind often.

-Frank

I loved the beauty and power of 'Traces' from the first listening, and the lyrics continue to blossom with meaning each time I hear this song. 'Black eyes and broken glass' grabbed me from the start--sadly at that time I could totally identify with its heart-breaking phrases. "Hope you feel great"...I actually said that to him one time. Someone mentioned a song being sad but positive--that's a very powerful combination--qualities of so many Enchant songs. And I love all of the references to 'nature'--oceans, cliffs, waves, deserts, seeds, chameleons, the harvest moon, and my favorite--'aphids in the garden'. The first cut of Blink--'Under Fire'--could we just say "sshhhh" and play it for the world?