Thank you Enchant!

chynablue said:
Hey man, thanks for the cool reply! As I've told my wife (well she will be in 13 days), I haven't seen or heard from Heather before or after that show...but I'm sure she's around this forum somewhere... ; ) Had a great time hanging with ALL the Long Island crew, as well as the fans from Florida, Seattle (hey Disco!) and San Francisco...what a great weekend.

Hey if you're in Torrance, we should meet up sometime. I'm right here in LA. : )

Regarding the DVD...there's a cool online vendor named Zane, he's got a site at www.cdinzane.com. He's been a huge Enchant fan, and set me up with a cool deal for the DVD. And these are DEFINITELY the new ones! So if you're still looking for an easy way to get the new copy, that's a good way to go! ; )

ERIC!!!
Congrats bro!!
Man, been so damn busy lately between the job, moving into a new place and a host of other things, I am behind getting back to people. So you found your 'Ultimate Gift' as the boys from Enchant would say - that's amazing. I wish you guys absolutely nothing but the best and hope you have a bright and happy future together. My brother waited a LOOOONG time before he finally got married but the wait was worth it - he found someone who was his other half and when you do, you gotta grab 'em! (and them after you are done grabbing them, maybe kiss them and marry them :tickled: ) I'm gonna shoot you back a response to your last email bro. Oh, and Kev says 'What's up!!'

Also lemme echo what Eric said about Zane at CD Inzane. I placed my initial order for the Live at Last DVD with them late last year as well as for a few other CDs and I:tickled: CANNOT say anough about these guys. :tickled: Great customer service, instant feedback when you have a question, and great prices. Do yourself a favor and order from them - you won't be sorry! :headbang:

Phew, well just got finished watching the show finally in its entirety and the only thing I can say is brilliant! Very solid show and great song choices! I actually got scared for a second when during Seeds of Hate Doug's guitar strap disconnected from the guitar! I wonder what caused that to happen? Good thing Ted found a way to get the strap back on fast! :headbang:

Oh boy, now i'm off to watch the bonus footage! :hotjump: :wave:

rushjackson said:
Phew, well just got finished watching the show finally in its entirety and the only thing I can say is brilliant! Very solid show and great song choices! I actually got scared for a second when during Seeds of Hate Doug's guitar strap disconnected from the guitar! I wonder what caused that to happen? Good thing Ted found a way to get the strap back on fast! :headbang:

Oh boy, now i'm off to watch the bonus footage! :hotjump: :wave:

I drove down to my local hole in the wall record store (yep drove) and bought the DVD. It is awesome. It's so good that I'm going to start another thread about something that irks me.

The interviews really validates being an Enchant fan. I believe it was Doug that spoke about seeing the emotion on the audience's faces and understanding that they (we) feel the same emotions he is feeling. That really validates it for me. It is a very nice feeling to know that the artist, and the band, understands what we feel and appreciates it.

There are some bands that I really like watching the individual musicians play. Rush is the main one. My wife says I'm boring at a concert because I just stand there. What she doesn't realize (well, now she does) is that I like watching the musicians play their instrument, which includes the voice. Enchant is another band like that. There is just something satisfying about watching a person play an instrument, or rather express himself/herself with an instrument.

Well, I'm rambling again...

It really is a good concert video.

Thanks man! Wow, I met so many great people through Enchant, it continues to blow my mind.

I had a great time last at the Seven Witches (www.sevenwitches.net) live DVD taping with Keith & his girl, who drove three hours from Connecticut! We chatted over imported beer for a few hours about the show, and how it’s been almost a year since we met at Enchant’s Live at Last taping in Oakland last year. It brought back a lot of special memories. You can see pictures of this show (including Keith’s crazy ass) at http://chynablue.topcities.com/Witches_DVD.

Finally got the DVD from damn Overstock...

Excellent! It was like reliving that awesome weekend again. Definitely my favorite musical moment in my life, so far (don't think I am going to best it ever, either)

I did not find the sync issues to be a big issue or really distracting. Maybe its the NTSC to PAL conversion, b/c it seems to be more of a IO Europe problem (Why the hell do we have to have different standards anyways...big pain in the ass).

Love the band interviews...your typical irreverant humor :tickled:

Thanks guys for a great DVD. Can't wait until Enchant #8.

Jim

' What is a Yes song that isnt hard...Let's be honest...especially for the singer...given that I havent been castrated' - Ted

'Well we really appreciate you guys inviting us down here, I know it will be the last' - Doug

'I'm calm...just inappropiate' - Ted

chynablue said:
Thanks man! Wow, I met so many great people through Enchant, it continues to blow my mind.

I had a great time last at the Seven Witches (www.sevenwitches.net) live DVD taping with Keith & his girl, who drove three hours from Connecticut! We chatted over imported beer for a few hours about the show, and how it’s been almost a year since we met at Enchant’s Live at Last taping in Oakland last year. It brought back a lot of special memories. You can see pictures of this show (including Keith’s crazy ass) at http://chynablue.topcities.com/Witches_DVD.

Eric!!

Glad to have been there! It was certainly a rockin' show :headbang:
Jack's a pretty good guitar player, for some reason I always thought of him as just a 'John Shaffer' rhythm guitarist, boy was I wrong.. (He's no Doug Ott though) <-----Worth at least 7 brownie points methinks..!

Besides, I'm too lazy to get my ass to the post office, it was easier to just bring you the B.G. disc in person.. ;)

Glad you're likin' the TNT cd!!

Well, my crazy ass needs to get some work done tonite, so I'll say Hasta La ByeBye at this point..

-Keith

slowhand said:
What are your impressions concerning the sync-probs?

I've got an answer from the swedish distributor where they're saying that they've watched the DVD and are admitting that there are sync problems. For now they'll withdraw the DVD until they got more information from the label.

Today I received the US-Version of "Live at last" and I'm impressed!
The soundquality is terrific and the videoquality is good in closer shots, too. Wideangle shots from behind the audience are a not very sharp, but it's getting a little better the longer the gig takes.

Everybody does a great job, Dougs guitars are simply great (as a former active guitarplayer I may judge this rightly... :) ), Sean's drumming is very powerfull but also full of nice details, Ed's bass has the right punch and Bill's Keys give every tune the right atmosphere (during the soloparts they sometimes are not loud enough... :cry: )...BUT:
Ted's performance is not of this world... I saw him during the "Break"-Tour (with Spock's Beard in Augsburg, Germany) singing "Pure" and it was very good, but on this DVD it's simply tremendous. And every other song...it's so far out!

This was definitely worth the wait (after giving back the first german version)!

Congrats, guys and thank you so much! :worship:

Concerning the syncprobs I gotta say that I didn't realize really annoying ones. Maybe it's due to the NTSC - PAL Transfer (they have different speed)?