a documentary /making of video

BARBAROUSSE

Sep 1, 2009
What do you think if Symphony X made a documentary / making of video with the new album ? i think that a video about the band's history and musical vision would be amazing (if it happens of course ...) + it would introduce the new funs better to the band and would give a better perspective on what they are traying to do :cool: so , your thoughts ....

Fuck that shit, I just want music
oh believe me dude we all here want music :) but a video with good interviews with the band members (not like these shitty one's on utube (not all of them of course ) :the "oh Mike would you show us your dexterity" like ) i mean an interview with really smart questions about ths music and the composition process , wouldn't hurt i think it's important for a listener to know the artist's vision about his work....

I doubt they have that much footage for a band history kinda thing, but I'd welcome a behind the scenes/making of/jam sorta little vid.

If they had time to do one, a making of video of some sort would be nice of course. Doesn't Dream Theater do these all the time?

oh believe me dude we all here want music :) but a video with good interviews with the band members (not like these shitty one's on utube (not all of them of course ) :the "oh Mike would you show us your dexterity" like ) i mean an interview with really smart questions about ths music and the composition process , wouldn't hurt i think it's important for a listener to know the artist's vision about his work....

"Mike, where do you get your inspiration?"

"I don't *need* inspiration from anyone or anything else."

Interview over, etc.

"...and that's how we ripped off sixty bands in ten days. Gosh! We're just too awesome. Was that you who bought my shaved armpit hair on eBay?"
:lol:

Also, the one I've watched is the Systematic Chaos DVD thing. In that, Portnoy at one point is singing the (awful) lyrics to The Dark Eternal Night (or some other song) and going "WOW, how we never wrote cool shit like this before?!"

I'd be happy with just a few behind the scenes clips on youtube or whatever.

+1

Naturally I want them to focus on making music...but they're funny guys, so some backstage content is always enjoyable, from the example of the cameo in the DT video.

+1

Naturally I want them to focus on making music...but they're funny guys, so some backstage content is always enjoyable, from the example of the cameo in the DT video.
i can't see why some videos through the production process can disturb them especially that all th interviewing and that kinda stuff are usally made when the album is already done !!!!
+ a making of video is not s thing totally about fun rather a mean to discover th band 's vision about music in general and about th album ....

i can't see why some videos through the production process can disturb them especially that all th interviewing and that kinda stuff are usally made when the album is already done !!!!
+ a making of video is not s thing totally about fun rather a mean to discover th band 's vision about music in general and about th album ....

Yeah, a look at the production process would be great, to see the before and after of an album.

I think it would be great , i love the type of documentary's making of albums like the one i just watched of opeth were they talk about the music and what they are going threw at the time of creating it , to me it's very interesting

yes!. Arjen had some behind the scenes stuff from the Star One tour, and it was quite enjoyable, especially seeing Arjen and Russell Allen singing The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel, hahaha really didn't expect it.