A Dying Wish on the live DVD

the mix is weird there. you can hardly hear vinnys guitar too. i was hoping theyd got that fixed on the dvd but apparently they werent arsed re-mixing it.

Ahhh... I love that part, but I can't say I've noticed what you mentioned. Probably because I wasn't looking.

I've even borrowed the MDB-DVD from my mate, which so far looks pretty good. (I've only seen the first song before I was interrupted).

Yeah the MDB DVD is much better in my opnion, there's way more stuff on it (3 full concerts!)
The early promo clips are very funny though, amateuristic all the way :)

I've said it a lot of times already though: I want a new DVD of Anathema playing more recent stuff, although I'm afraid there would be problems with record companies :mad: just like with Opeth. Those are recording a DVD next month but they're allowed to play songs from the 3 last albums only (MFN), not the earlier albums. Fuck business.

The most annoying part of that dvd is the bit during sleepless where in a quite bit with no vocals you can see the crowd headbanging furiously and vince in the back ground strumming like mad and screaming his head off..... wtf????

I thought it was ok for bands to release re-recorded or live versions of their songs, just not re-release the original recordings, if they switched labels. I mean, aren't the songs copyrighted under their name, and not the record companies? Look at Dredle of Filth always redoing their old shit.

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
I thought it was ok for bands to release re-recorded or live versions of their songs, just not re-release the original recordings, if they switched labels. I mean, aren't the songs copyrighted under their name, and not the record companies? Look at Dredle of Filth always redoing their old shit.
It can be done, but the label has the final say on things really. They would have to pay mechanical royalties to another company for other tracks like, which they'd probably rather not.

Strangelight said:
It can be done, but the label has the final say on things really. They would have to pay mechanical royalties to another company for other tracks like, which they'd probably rather not.
That's just fucking stupid! If they/you wrote the songs, aren't the songs their/your creative property? I guess getting their masters back was Metallica's final act of intelligence.

Peaceville is fucking stupid anyway, with those retarded retrospective CD's and repackagings (Oh boy! Now it comes with a piece of paper wrapped around the case!). I fucking throw slipcases away when I get them. Fucking annoying.

Cerulean said:
You should watch John during the bass-part in A Dying Wish on the DVD, he's hitting his toms but there's absolutely no sound, does anyone know what the hell this is?
I always thought it was just him getting the pattern going, without actually hitting the drums. Practising the movements and all, to make sure he's locked in to the rhythm when it's actually time to play.

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
That's just fucking stupid! If they/you wrote the songs, aren't the songs their/your creative property? I guess getting their masters back was Metallica's final act of intelligence.

Peaceville is fucking stupid anyway, with those retarded retrospective CD's and repackagings (Oh boy! Now it comes with a piece of paper wrapped around the case!). I fucking throw slipcases away when I get them. Fucking annoying.
I think almost every record label has that policy, Peaceville are just somewhat extreme than others... in the metal-scene at least.

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:

Mehdi bought me the Alternative 4 slipcase one for my birthday last year and I noticed the booklet looked pretty cheap. Mind you, they are sold at a low price so.. Though I think re-releases should have bonus tracks or something to make them worthwhile. but I cant complain about the re-releases cos Ive got to make a living myself like. I would prefer to be sent at least one copy of each release though, and not have my mates having to buy them for me.