A Vision of a Dying Embrace - DVD

Triste

gazing into the deep
May 4, 2001
Echo Park
Visit site
I just got this and what to say.....the promos are absolutely awesome (well 'Mine is Yours' could be a little less cheese, but it is enjoyable....). The live part I liked, but it seemed too staged. I would have prefered it if it was a more natural live setting (one without all of the stupid cameramen in the way).

A couple of questions for those who know.....who directed the promos?
And....was that Poland show actually staged or was it the real thing? I know the band played live (or did they?) but....it seems so contrived....Or maybe I'm just not used to seeing a live video of a band that's not foggy and dark and barely able to hear the music.

EDIT: One other thing....could we have seen a little less of Vinnie? He's a goodlooking guy and all but he's not the only member of the band!

That's a cool video. I'd had The Silent Enigma for over a year, and never really been able to 'get it'. Then the video poped up in the 2nd-hand part of my local shop, so I got it. Seeing some of those songs in a live context made them come alive for me- songs that I had regarded as just 'fillers' actually stood by themselves well, Now I love everything on the album :D

EDIT: One other thing....could we have seen a little less of Vinnie? He's a goodlooking guy and all but he's not the only member of the band!

Seriously, its like that in the Official website too...I asked Danny about this..he replied evry simply.."I think its shit" so you know where at least one band member stands on this issue.

Haven't seen it meself-only Anathema vids i have are from when Daz was in the band-1 from Switzerland early in 94 and supporting Cannibal Corpse at the marquee in 92-my first Anathema gig!

Originally posted by Lord S
Haven't seen it meself-only Anathema vids i have are from when Daz was in the band-1 from Switzerland early in 94 and supporting Cannibal Corpse at the marquee in 92-my first Anathema gig!

send me a copy of these vids dude!

Originally posted by Lord S

In Switzerland??!!?? When? Where? Wher do you got it from?? :)

Originally posted by Don Corleone
it's a good video. yes it's true we get to see a lot of vinny but after all he's the vocalist and thats the case with most of the bands: vocalists get the chicks first, too.

Sex sells...

I think too it's because he's the vocalist. In general front men of bands have the most attention of medias (pics, interviews...).

I think the DVD is a little weak, especially compared to the one peaceville just released for my dying bride. there are no extras, nothing. just the promos (which are fun to watch once) and the show. the show is ok. the sound could be better. if you notice, itst eh same venue (same drum kit even) from the MDB show on their DVD. crazy. doesn' sound as good as the bride one. the multiple cameras are cool. its lame when bands release concert footage from one handicam in the audience.

I got the good old VHS. Thanks for reminding me.... it's been very
very long since I saw it. I think it's good, but I agree that the
filming/editing is seldom good enough. I also hate it when they
are showing other members during solos etc. Is it that damn
difficult to show the person performing solos?? Too much focus
on the vocalist? Yes! very much so :(
(honestly, I don't remember about how it is in the Vision... video)

Originally posted by The Wanderer
perhaps they aren't showing the performer cuz they are overdubbig and dont want to get caught? i just got the dimmu borgir DVD and that certainly seems to be the case....maybe it is here? idunno.

No, it was deffo live:eek:

crap, i bought the dvd yesterday, and i'm really disappointed with it. i already had the VHS, and the sound on the DVD is just the same : you can't hear vinny's guitar, neither les's keyboard. all you hear is drums and vocals and a bit of danny and dunc. i thought they would care of that problem and sell a good product. i was wrong. fucking peaceville bastard - isn't it enough ruining anathema's credibility?

peace,
mehdi