TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Artist: Stream of Passion
Title: Embrace the Storm
Release Date: 2005
Label: Insideout

For once we have a female fronted band in which upon first listen Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, or Evanescence DO NOT come to mind. So right off the bat you know this band is doing something right. Stream of Passion was formed by Arjen Anthony Lucassen who is well known for his latest endeavor, the Ayreon rock opera The Human Equation. With Stream of Passion he is able to showcase the amazing voice of Mexican singer Marcela Bovio. This is the first time in ten years that Arjen has formed a band.

The album does not have a set musical direction and for this reason I find this album very enjoyable. It offers up a little bit of everything blending mysterious gothic vocals, heavy metal guitars and atmospheric trip-hop, with haunting pianos and live cello and violin quartets. Most importantly each and every song is very well crafted. You know the music is doing its job when it paints an image in your head and puts you into a certain location. The music takes me away and sends me on a trip. Listening to this album I envision a humid and misty summer night with an amazing thunderstorm about to erupt and light up the skies. Any band that has the power to take me away and paint an image such as this is without a doubt doing a great job.

This album will not easily appeal to all fans of metal music. A very open mind is required as well as being in a relaxed state of mind. I find this band has something to offer and is a breath of fresh air in today’s scene of female fronted bands. My suggestion is to put your storm windows in, sit back and embrace this stream of passion.

http://www.metalasylum.net