A few lesser known upcoming/current releases I'm enjoying

Here's a couple I'm enjoying ...

Andre Andersen, Paul Laine, David Readman - Three
Royal Hunt's Andersen doing power/traditional metal with vocals from Pink Cream 69's Readman and ex-Danger Danger frontman Laine - excellent!

Bob Catley - Spirit of Man
Solo album from Magnum lead singer. I was unfamilliar with him until Urban Breed talked about what a huge Catley fan he was when I interviewed him and reccomended Magnum's On A Storyteller's Night to me. Catley's a great singer so I figured I'd try his solo CD and I'm glad I did! Excellent melodic hard rock.

woosta said:
Axel Rudi Pell releases ANOTHER solid cd and will probably go without any respect once again. I already saw one reviewer call it Hardline part II since Johnny Geoli (sp?) is singing on it. Nice review, stupid.

I'm a huge fan of Axel Rudi Pell and I love Johnny Geolli's voice. I would love to see them play Prog Power!!

woosta said:
Vanilla Ninja is an interesting band for those into the Vixen style of the 80s. A couple great songs, lots of good songs and a bucketfull of "hot".
You're not kidding...

0706_b.jpg

Zod

yeah, but do they REALLY play metal? They seem a little too trendy looking to me.

(yeah, yeah, I know... "who cares"... LOL)

Im diggin the Planet Alliance although the replay factor isnt really gripping me that much. The Red Key is pretty good too.

Heres my new ones that are kicking my ass bigtime!

Dionysus - Fairytales And Reality

7days - The Weight of the World

Leverage - Tides

booB said:
yeah, but do they REALLY play metal? They seem a little too trendy looking to me.

(yeah, yeah, I know... "who cares"... LOL)

Well, like I said, it's more like Vixen than any metal, but it's still quite good to listen to if you're in the mood for something simple but well written. "Dangerzone" is a pretty damn good rock song even if it is nothing new.

If you're looking for a little Vixen-simplicity, you can check the video for Dangerzone here (again, don't expect Dream Theater):

http://www.musicchannel.cc/index.php?page=http://www.musicchannel.cc/artist_stories/1/827083