A few questions for Dan

Crimson Death

El Basilisco
Jan 24, 2002
Israel
1. What was the song writing process on the Pan-ThyMonium sessions? Was it written at studio or did you practice the music before? Or did you all improvise it on spot and recorded?

2. What do you think of the re-recording Ophthalamia did to A Journey In Darkness which you produced and played parts. You think it came out better, worse or something different?

3. How did you make that broken radio sound on the outro of the A Journey In Darkness album? That keyboard piece combnibed with the broken radio effect turned out very beautiful.

4. What lies ahead for Nightingale and Karaboudjan? (Hope I spelled it right :))

Erez

I'd also like to ask Dan some questions.
I have just read the Bloodbath interview(Terrorizer Jan/Feb issue) and he was mentioning the Mesa Boogie pre-amp(or it was amp?) and some Boss pedals.

Now, could he be so kind to tell us the gear he uses?

Or used before on, let's say Edge of Sanity's Crimson or Diabolical Masquerade's Death Design(together with Blakkheim of Katatonia) to get that monstrous, brutal, gooddamn guitar sound.

Thanx!

here's one question for Dan:
1.-Do you re-read the Nightingale lyrics before writing a new album or was it a concept you had planned since the beginning?