• No

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Mosquito

oh noes!!
Jan 23, 2002
Columbia, SC, USA
www.myspace.com
This forum has been active for around 6 or 7 years now, and as many here feel that this is a family, it sucks to not be able to talk about off topic stuff without worry of posts being deleted. Other hobbies, real life stuff, etc would be nice to talk about sometimes but it isn't allowed here. I agree with this but would like to make a public request that there be an Off Topic sub forum attached to this. I would love to discuss the other finer points of life with others on here but right now it just isn't going to happen.

Anyone else agree?

I'll poll it for fun.

Justin

Well I'll bite. I agree this could be a good idea, with some of the only potential downfalls being highly-charged threads/convos pertaining to politics, religion, and alike with that. Those topics, even when briefly touched on in forums, tend to produce unsavory results.

I personally don't really see it being necessary. Remember that this forum is a sub-forum already of the Ultimate Metal boards, and is really supposed to be about discussing the festival, which Glenn has broadened to let threads be about anything music-related. That's more than enough for me.

So is it basically going to be all music related topics stay here and anything else goes to the lounge? Or should all non PP related music topics also go to the lounge? I guess the first one is the easiest to adhere to and doesn't change up the current system much.
There was that large MMORPG thread that could be revived in the lounge since it was bordering on the off topic line (besides being on the topic of metalheads playing MMOs)

I noticed a few of the other larger forums on UM have 'social sub-forums,' so this has a definite precedent. I'll try to read it as often as I read here.

The PPUSA forum and -- just lately -- the TX MadFest forum are the only forums I read. The level of conversation here, and the lack of childish crap, set it apart from other music forums. :kickass:

I noticed a few of the other larger forums on UM have 'social sub-forums,' so this has a definite precedent. I'll try to read it as often as I read here.

The PPUSA forum and -- just lately -- the TX MadFest forum are the only forums I read. The level of conversation here, and the lack of childish crap, set it apart from other music forums. :kickass:

QFT!

This is great - now I have a place to chat with my family about other cool stuff! Thanks, Glenn & Deron!! RAWK!