a friend of mine let me borrow a Marliyn Manson cd...

dreaming neon darkspot

natures' retard
May 13, 2002
in times of grace
...the Smells Like Children cd...and that cd sucks ass!!!Aside from the "Sweet Dreams"cover,pretty much all that I've heard is basically Manson singing the lyrics of "Dope Hat"(from the band's first cd)over a bunch of industrial beats or something like that.Now,I know that a lot of ppl here don't care for Marilyn Manson and will say something along the lines of"Well,all Manson's cds suck,it's not metal,you should listen to something better...and Korn sucks,too!"...so you don't have to waste your prescious time w/that.If there's anyone else who has the cd,can you tell me any of the good tracks?

I don't have the tracks listed...I guess I can go to darklyrics or something to get the names of the songs,but I don't feel like listening to the whole cd.All of the songs that I've listened to sound the same.

THe only great album from MManson is the Ingenious "Mechanical Animals" Its fucking amazing. I never liked his band until this album came out. It is a masterpiece.

yeh mechanical animals is the only listenable one. im hoping the new one will top it thought. its got our old pal Tim Skold (kmfdm) producing and playing bass. im sure it will be the best so far.
-neal

I thought the song "Rock and Roll my pals" was pretty good. Other then that most of the EP or album sucked in my opinion.

Portrait... wins, though I found Mechanical ANimals to be his most original work. It lacked the smack in the face lyrical joys of songs like "Cake and Sodomy" from Portait. I used to hate Manson, but that was when he was getting popular. Then I realized I liked his music, I just hated his fans.

Korn, on the other hand, are a bunch of wankers. They ripped off Manson's sound, added their "ghetto" mentality, and proceeded to suck their way through the next seven years.

Originally posted by famousamoswillkillyou
Some of the lyrics of Antichrist Superstar are really fucking awesome, but some of Manson's other stuff is strange... The Dope Show pisses me off. That video was played over and over on MTV. *shudder*

Well, he wants to piss people off....thats like one of his biggest priorities

True, but he was really pissing off the wrong people. He wants to piss off the MTV crowd, supposedly, yet the Dope Show (and The Beautiful People, somewhat) appealed to them somehow. Whatever, though... I mean, I guess whatever the fuck MTV gets their hands on they fuck up.