A gift to all.... (Oliva video from PPUSA XV)

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
I want to thank everyone for their support this year. More on that later. In the meantime, this one is from my personal video archives being seen in public for the first time. Wacken can have the grandiose spectacle of Savatage. I'll take the the intimacy and emotion shared during Jon Oliva's Pain performance of "Streets" at ProgPower USA XV.

These are memories that will last forever for me. - Glenn

https://vimeo.com/139290562

Thanks for sharing this, I wasn't sure how much I'd enjoy JO's set, but the only other band to floor me even close to that was Therion some years before. Getting to relive the magic of that set a little is awesome! :D

Jon's set gives me goosebumps to this date. By far, my #1 set ever, PP or anywhere.

Thanks, Glenn! Agreed. There have been some astounding performances at PP over the years, but I doubt anything will top Streets for me.

Steve in Philly

Thank you - this was my absolute favorite set from 10 years of ProgPowers.

I can't think of any other artist that can get me to swing from tears to laughter and back to tears in the space of a couple of heartbeats the way that Jon can. Pure brilliance!

That set with Jon Oliva last year was by far THE best performance I have ever seen at ProgPower USA, and probably one of the top 5 that I have ever seen in my life.

I almost cried during the performance. That's how emotional it was for me. No one else has come close to doing that for me. Ever.

Thank you for sharing the video! :)

I said it on the facebook post and I'll say it here: this was one of the greatest concert moments ever. Streets is super important to me. This was a bucket list dream come true. I actually haven't seen another concert since that night. This is the first time in probably twenty years that I didn't see a single show in a year. And if this was the last performance I ever saw, I would be okay with that. It was that good.

And having said that, after not being able to come this year, I am going to drag my wife to next years fest for sure!