A good one...

the-lull

discouraged one
May 25, 2001
France
www.thelull.fr.fm
Sorry if that's out of subject with this forum, but that's funny anyway.
I was looking for news about the finland band Rapture (you know, this excellent Katatonia-tribute band).
Since their website is down for some years, I took my chance on myspace.com. I found what I was searching.:Smug:
Just look here: http://www.myspace.com/bloodredrapture

It's good to hear again from this band !

Uhmm... Katatonia tribute?! Man, you got that one totally wrong! They are highly influenced by the band but they still have plenty of their own and don't exist because of Katatonia. And I consider their album Silent Stage to be one of the top records of last year :headbang:

jptk said:
Calling them a tribute is pretty insulting to the band i reckon

!!!

Rapture is a fucking cool band! All their records rule.
I´ve heard them described as the missing link between (old) Katatonia and Opeth...

Rapture is definetly their own band and have developed a somewhat unique sound from their first album (which was very Katatonia influenced, they have 3 albums total) Great depressive band!

Well, I guess I was misunderstood with the word "tribute". (sorry but english is not my mother-language...). I don't mean copycat ( though 'Futile' could have been called so)
Let's say "a band that woudn't exist if Katatonia had not recorded Brave Murder Day".
Well, anyway, this thread was not about the quality of Rapture, but about their new singer, nice woman...

Anyone heard the new album? or latest, not sure how long it's been out, probably awhile, so the latest album.
I haven't found it anywheres yet, I have songs for the withering, great album, futile is awesome as well.

Yeah, there's 2 great singers on Rapture already, so no use for a female-singer. Too bad the guys are so busy with other bands (Finntroll, FragileHollow etc etc), so they works very slow.