a little survey

HA! So you don't know it's shit, you just assume because you hate Cradle of Filth.

Dusk != other CoF

james_cat.jpg

Black Winter Day said:
Well, the truth comes out! I'd wager that atleast half of the CoF haters here haven't heard Dusk (or VEmpire for that matter, which is almost as good). Trendfags!
I've heard both. They were ok, I don't slam them. I like the more traditional, less Dani-screechfest newer stuff is all.

Cradle of Filth: never heard one of their albums
Dimmu Borgir: Stormblast
Opeth: Orchid
Satyricon: never heard one of their albums
Borknagar: Quintessence
Soilwork: Chainheart Machine
Children of Bodom: Hatebreeder
In Flames: Lunar Strain
Arch Enemy: Stigmata

1) if you had to choose ONE BEST album made by any of these bands, which would it be, and why?

Orchid, simply because it is the best album released by any of those bands, and it's Opeth's best. (too bad they gradually declined after it, though)

2) which is the WORST?

Natural Born Crap (yes, it is worse than R2R)

3) which of these bands do you hold the most "hope" for in terms of future releases?

Borknagar

markgugs said:
I've heard both. They were ok, I don't slam them. I like the more traditional, less Dani-screechfest newer stuff is all.
Yeah, in all seriousness I have heard multiple earlier songs by CoF and could't get past the screechy vocals. From what I've heard, the newer material does tone the vocals down a bit, but with so many other releases to discover out there, I've never been interested enough to give them my full attention.

Black Winter Day said:
NAME THE BEST ALBUM BY EACH BAND

Cradle of Filth: I don't like CoF really, but some ofThe Principle of Evil Made Flesh isn't bad at all.
Dimmu Borgir: Stormblast (duh)
Opeth: Orchid
Satyricon: Dark Medieval Times
Borknagar: Its hard to decide... right now its gonna be "The Archaic Course"
Soilwork: I don't like Soilwork, I don't know their album titles.
Children of Bodom: ^^^
In Flames: The Jester Race
Arch Enemy: Stigmata perhaps...

1) if you had to choose ONE BEST album made by any of these bands, which would it be, and why?

Probably Stormblast, just epic and beautiful technicallity.

2) which is the WORST?

Out of these, most definitely Cradle of Filth, it cowers in comparison to the rest of these.

3) which of these bands do you hold the most "hope" for in terms of future releases?

DEFINITELY Borknagar or Opeth. Opeth gets old very quickly, but they still write awesome music. Borknagar on the other hand never fails to dissapoint. Huzzah.

The real question the survey needs to ask is:
"Why have these bands released total shit for the last 4 or 5 years?"

Was it the fact they already found success, never were talented in the first place, wished to become more successful, or just plain ran out of ideas and riffs; or, had bad ideas.

CoF : Dusk and...still gay
Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast
Opeth - Morningrise = MA,YH
Satyricon - The Shadowthrone
Borknagar - S/T
Soilwork - Steelbath Suicide
CoB - none
In Flames - Jesters Race
Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin? Only one I have heard

Cradle of Filth: no comment
Dimmu Borgir: Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
Opeth: Still Life
Satyricon: not really a fan
Borknagar: Empiricism
Soilwork: Natural Born Chaos
Children of Bodom: if you have nothing nice to say, just say they suck.
In Flames: The Jester Race
Arch Enemy: Stigmata

1) if you had to choose ONE BEST album made by any of these bands, which would it be, and why? Still Life, probbaly because I've listened to it much more than any of the others. (fanboy tendency)

2) which is the WORST? worst of the best: Stigmata or ETD worst of the whole fucking lot: Soundtrack or Hate Crew

3) which of these bands do you hold the most "hope" for in terms of future releases? Opeth if they can avoid repeating themselves & Borknagar if Vintersorg would stop being so pretentious

They suck because instead of being true to themselves and finding inspiration from within or whatever have you, they decided to try and reach a wider audience which usually waters down the music to vomit-inducing drivel.