A Maiden setlist challenge...

I agree Spiff, if Maiden ever toured here again (I know, I know...i'm smashed ok?) i'd love to see them throw in Children... or Powerslave....but would i really care if they stuck with the same old ones?

HELL NO!

Id just be ecstatic that they even got on a plane with a ticket that said - Sydney, Australia.

Originally posted by Sydo

And yet a song such as Children Of The Damned, which Maiden themselves have only played like 4 times in the past 12 years, goes off at a Dungeon gig!

I think they're just plain lazy.. :(

That is a Maiden classic though, the band just doesn't seem to play it live. It's still a known classic, most of TNOTB album is. Songs like Only The Good Die Young, Judgement Of Heaven, Lightning Strikes Twice, etc... are ones that wouldn't have as many people singing, it what I mean.

Dave: I wasn't calling them a sorry old rock band, I was saying they need something to give them a lift before they become a sorry old rock band. I think its great how they still play a fair chunk of the new album on every tour, and shows they are confident in their material, but as Spiff said, they hardly EVER change what older material gets played. Of course some songs must stay (NOTB, Wasted Years, ect), but I'm sure they could trade say 2 Minutes to Midnight for Powerslave on occasion, or something like that...

I think one good solution would be to play a longer set, consisting of the newer songs they are touring on, older classics, and a mixed bag of suprises. That is something Maiden definately lack, suprises...

That's the one thing Kiss lack too now.

Same theatrics and effects, same songs, and even alot of the same song introductions.

Another reason why non-makeup Kiss was better. Although that formula mentioned about worked on the Reunion tour as its aim was to create a modernized version of the classic 77/78 tour. But I think for the Farewell they should've included alot of different stuff, same with the Psycho Circus tour although the 3D thing was new.

You cant keep everyone happy though, its the same with Slayer, they play the same songs from their past with only like 3 new ones, if that.
Now when you think about it, thats boring, but when you are AT the show and you hear the start of South Of Heaven or something, you dont give a flying f**k :D

I imagine it would be the same thing if it was a Maiden show, but we may never know....

Yeah I know, it doesnt help Maidens cause when they put songs like Sign Of The Cross in there and do the whole thing instead of 3 or 4 other songs they could do in that time...

Originally posted by spawn
Yeah I know, it doesnt help Maidens cause when they put songs like Sign Of The Cross in there and do the whole thing instead of 3 or 4 other songs they could do in that time...

Exactly. Sign Of The Cross, The Clansman, Dream Of Mirrors = almost 40 fucking minutes!! Although they are all great songs, they could have played;
Prowler,
Purgatory,
Invaders,
Flight Of Icarus,
Flash Of The Blade,
Sea Of Madness,
Moonchild,
& Fallen Angel in the same time period.

Originally posted by Sydo

Exactly. Sign Of The Cross, The Clansman, Dream Of Mirrors = almost 40 fucking minutes!! Although they are all great songs, they could have played;
Prowler,
Purgatory,
Invaders,
Flight Of Icarus,
Flash Of The Blade,
Sea Of Madness,
Moonchild,
& Fallen Angel in the same time period.

Damn straight.