Maiden tour setlist

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
According to Blabbermouth. No real surprises, except maybe the inclusion of Another Life (one of their most pointless songs) and Charlotte the Harlot, which I don't think they've ever performed live with Bruce.

Oh, and WHERE THE HELL IS 22 ACACIA AVENUE???

IRON MAIDEN kicked off their "Eddie Rips Up the World" tour Saturday night (May 28) in Prague, Czech Republic. According to MaidenFans.com, "The Ides of March" is the taped introduction played before the band launch into set opener "Murders in the Rue Morgue". The stage set is said to be related to the first DVD of the history series MAIDEN is putting out out, and an "Eddie Rips You Up" backdrop was prominently displayed, as were several others. Pyrotechnics were reportedly used on five songs. Fire was used during "The Number of the Beast", and, as rumored, girls dressed up as devils were seen running on stage during the same song. Eddie appears behind the set in his "Iron Maiden" role. Then later in the show, a traditional walking giant Eddie makes an appearance. Finally, singer Bruce Dickinson dresses up as a trooper during "The Trooper".

IRON MAIDEN's concert in Prague ran for one hour and 45 minutes and included the following tracks:

01. Murders in the Rue Morgue
02. Another Life
03. Prowler
04. The Trooper
05. Remember Tomorrow
06. Run to the Hills
07. Charlotte the Harlot
08. Revelations
09. Where Eagles Dare
10. Die With Your Boots On
11. Phantom of the Opera
12. The Number of the Beast
13. Hallowed Be Thy Name
14. Iron Maiden
15. Running Free
16. Drifter
17. Sanctuary

If only they had thrown some of these tunes into a more recent setlist I would have been excited. As it stands now, that sorta setlist is pretty predictable - but nice all the same. :)

Dunno. My theory about the mask while singing Dance of Death is purely psychological, though - the mask hides one's shame. Must be tough singing that song with a straight face.

FLLYYYYY ON YOUR WWAAAAY, LIKE AN EAAAGLE...

Wait, what? It's not there?

Oh.

I don't know much about Maiden setlists, but FOI should definately be there. (Are they doing an early days setlist?)

No Children of the Damned, either. And they still wheel out the same encores as always :lol: I'd still dig seeing the show, though. Providing Janick fell ill.

Mark said:
No Children of the Damned, either. And they still wheel out the same encores as always :lol: I'd still dig seeing the show, though. Providing Janick fell ill.

Actually they haven't played those encores in years. Drifer in 83, Running Free in 96 and Sanctuary in 2001. I was pleased to see Drifter and Running Free in there.

I meant the whole hallowed/im/sanctuary thing - it's pretty stock. But you're right that it's not what they've done the last couple of tours - DAMN YOU! :p

Playing old material is the point of this tour? Yes I believe it is. My point was, I wonder when they will still be doing it when I see them (ie, will it still be part of the same tour. I suppose so), and that whilst it is cool, I would rather have seen them play a more diverse set. All is good though.