Headlining Set List For Iron Maiden

Walter_Langkowski

Neuroses Facilitator
This actually is surprisingly good set list with some really good obscure classics on it. It's just too bad that Maiden had to go for a few more bucks and play Ozzfest instead of doing a U.S. headlining tour... :rolleyes: :mad:

IRON MAIDEN kicked off their "Eddie Rips Up the World" tour Saturday night (May 28) in Prague, Czech Republic. According to MaidenFans.com, "The Ides of March" is the taped introduction played before the band launch into set opener "Murders in the Rue Morgue". The stage set is said to be related to the first DVD of the history series MAIDEN is putting out out, and an "Eddie Rips You Up" backdrop was prominently displayed, as were several others. Pyrotechnics were reportedly used on five songs. Fire was used during "The Number of the Beast", and, as rumored, girls dressed up as devils were seen running on stage during the same song. Eddie appears behind the set in his "Iron Maiden" role. Then later in the show, a traditional walking giant Eddie makes an appearance. Finally, singer Bruce Dickinson dresses up as a trooper during "The Trooper".

IRON MAIDEN's concert in Prague ran for one hour and 45 minutes and included the following tracks:

01. Murders in the Rue Morgue
02. Another Life
03. Prowler
04. The Trooper
05. Remember Tomorrow
06. Run to the Hills
07. Charlotte the Harlot
08. Revelations
09. Where Eagles Dare
10. Die With Your Boots On
11. Phantom of the Opera
12. The Number of the Beast
13. Hallowed Be Thy Name
14. Iron Maiden
15. Running Free
16. Drifter
17. Sanctuary

Considering it is only covering that era, that is quite a sick setlist. ONly thing keeping it from perfect is the lack of "Killers"

I wish they would play some songs off of Powerslave when they play ozzfest for some
reason that cd is slowing becoming my favorite Maiden album of all time. Piece Of Mind is
still up there though.

KMADD said:
I wish they would play some songs off of Powerslave when they play ozzfest for some
reason that cd is slowing becoming my favorite Maiden album of all time. Piece Of Mind is
still up there though.
Powerslave was the first Maiden album i had ever heard......and it IS, by far, my fav. album :headbang:

KMADD said:
I wish they would play some songs off of Powerslave when they play ozzfest for some reason that cd is slowing becoming my favorite Maiden album of all time. Piece Of Mind is still up there though.

Powerslave is my fav as well, but I expect that it will be played throughly on the next tour. AFAIK the next DVD will concentrate on Powerslave and SIT albums, with Live After Death available on an original DVD at last. I'm very curious whether they would play Duellists or Flash Of The Blade. They never played them live in their entire career and now have 3 guitars, so it would be nice if they finally justified the existence of a trio in the band. Also, Alexander The Great would be a killer to hear, but IIRC they said once that it's too difficult for them to re-learn and rehearse... Sissies, it's surely easier to play TNOTB for the milionth time! :tickled:

All in all, I'm much more interested in the sequel to the current tour, since the current one consists mainly of overplayed classics, which I really have little enjoyment left for... It would be killer to attend a show without songs like TNOTB, Run To The Hills, Iron Maiden or The Trooper and whatever. :D