"Eddie Rips Up The World" Tour Setlist!

darthrya said:
Just once, just once, could the band actually be creative with the setlist? The only thing I'm excited to see live on this list is Drifter. I understand that they need to play classics for the nostalgia fans (the fair-weather fans who don't care for anything but the glory-years songs), but would it hurt them to be a bit creative?

How about: Women in Uniform, Strange World, Charlotte the Harlot, Purgatory, Twilight Zone, Prodigal Son, Invaders, Gangland, and Still Life. With a setlist that big, they could afford to play at least one neglected song from each album.

Personally, I'd exchange Strange World, Purgatory, Gangland, and Still Life for Remember Tomorrow, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Wrathchild, and Revelations (actually, I'd take out The Trooper, Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast and Hallowed Be Thy Name if I knew the fans wouldn't riot over not hearing them).

Look at it. Just one song change per album and now there's a decent mix of timeless classics and old, forgotten classics:

Murders in the Rue Morgue
Another Life
Prowler
The Trooper
Strange World
Run to the Hills
Purgatory
Still Life
Where Eagles Dare
Die With Your Boots On
Phantom of the Opera
The Number of the Beast
Gangland
Iron Maiden
Running Free
Drifter
Santuary

As for Gangland, it would be a real treat for the band to play it with Adrian's lost solo that accidentally got deleted from the master tapes.

Lost solo?!

DREAMASTER said:
Lost solo?!

You can hear on the song after the first solo an empty spot of just riffing. Adrian's solo was supposed to go there, but the recording got lost/wiped out/rejected by Steve, all depending on whose story you believe. But the fact remains, there was a second solo for that song.

darthrya said:
You can hear on the song after the first solo an empty spot of just riffing. Adrian's solo was supposed to go there, but the recording got lost/wiped out/rejected by Steve, all depending on whose story you believe. But the fact remains, there was a second solo for that song.

Where did you read that ?

darthrya said:
I just remembered that Charlotte the Harlot was on the original set list. I wonder why it wasn't played in Lisbon.

I have no idea!!! But I like much more Wrathchild than Charlotte... :Smug:

EUREKA! I remember now.

I read about it a long time ago at a source I don't recall, but I know of the latest source about the missing solo.

Straight from Adrian's mouth on the making of The Number of the Beast DVD (find it here at scAmazon).

That's why I had it in the back of my mind that it's common knowledge now. Before Adrian talked about it, not many people knew. BTW, the DVD is well worth the money. :headbang: