IRON MAIDEN EDDIE RIPS UP PRAGUE 28.5

Drokk

Scavenger of Human Sorrow
Apr 28, 2005
Peklo
Hey Maiden fans,

Maiden's new European tour, "Eddie Rips up Europe", started in Prague last night. JohnnieCzech, you missed a great show!! You all probably know it's their 25th anniversary tour, and they are concentrating on songs from their first four records. Setlist (not exactly in order):

Murders in the Rue Morgue
Another Life (!)
Remember Tomorrow (!)--awesome
The Trooper--Bruce messed up a verse, but who cares, we all fuckin' know it
Where Eagles Dare (!)
Run to the Hills
Phantom of the Opera--awesome, of course ("we haven't played this one in many years")
Revelations
Prowler
Number of the Beast
Charlotte the Harlot (!)
Die with your Boots on
Hallowed be Thy Name
Iron Maiden

Encore:
Runnin' Free
The Drifter
Sanctuary

It seemed like a short set, but that's a pretty fucking good setlist (very reminiscent of Live after Death with a few extras--no Killers, but I saw them play that in 1999). They were in top form. The stars for me were Davey and Nicko. Davey soloed the most, and Jan played several of Adrian's solos, strangely. Davey's solos seemed really fresh and spontaneous. And Nicko sounded awesome. He added a lot to the old Clive Burr songs. Bruce has still got it, but can't do the high note at the end of Run to the Hills. I like his stage banter. Great show, nostalgic (it's been 20 fucking years for me). Up the Irons, Rivetheads!! :headbang:

Hey Johnnie, have you seen Maiden? Did you see them when they were in Prague for Dance of Death? I didn't go, but I saw Adrian on Vaclavak!! He was walking by himself!

Saw Maiden at the Download festival a few years back, they were looking tired and Bruce just doesn't do it for me like he used to but I had a great time watching them knock out the classics but had to go for a piss when they played anything past No prayer. It'll never happen but I say bring back Di'anno for 1 more tour whilst we're on the nostalgia trail!! His voice and style has definately stood the test of time better than Dickinsons.
Oh and I could never get over how much of a dildo Janick Gers was..

Soooooooooooooooo Jealous. I would love to see them live just ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maiden tour Australia pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!

Drokk said:
Hey Johnnie, have you seen Maiden? Did you see them when they were in Prague for Dance of Death? I didn't go, but I saw Adrian on Vaclavak!! He was walking by himself!

I saw Dance Of Death tour and Brave New World tour (DOD was better), then Virtual XI and X Factor shows, with Blaze. Both of them were pretty good.
Actually Adrian is the only one Maiden member left who I didn´t talk to.

johnnieCzech said:
I saw Dance Of Death tour and Brave New World tour (DOD was better), then Virtual XI and X Factor shows, with Blaze. Both of them were pretty good.
Actually Adrian is the only one Maiden member left who I didn´t talk to.

Theres a new Maiden DVD coming out before the end of the year, its a show from the DOD tour.

Bruce's new cd is good too :headbang:

I've seen Anthrax play "Fucking Hostile," "A New Level," "Black Sabbath," "Hallowed Be Thy Name," "Walk All Over You," "Whole Lotta Rosie," "1000 Points of Hate," "Cadillac Rock Box," "Any Place But Here" and "Lone Justice" live.

o_O Awesome. I've just recently seen a really crappy video of Pantera playing "Seek and Destroy" with Jason Newsted, it must have been ca. Vulgar or FBD at the latest. All I can say is :OMG:

I still have Iron Maiden and Killers, I have never seen them live at all
Looks like I may have to see them when they get here. ( I was 14 when one of the metal kids handed them both to me), Phantom of the opera blew my mind
I can still play it ,I had them all till they did 7th son, I had everything up to Somewhere in time, I just didnt like them after that or maybe I had out grown them
I still have Powerslave,Piece of mind

Jack Sabbath said:
Saw Maiden at the Download festival a few years back, they were looking tired and Bruce just doesn't do it for me like he used to but I had a great time watching them knock out the classics but had to go for a piss when they played anything past No prayer. It'll never happen but I say bring back Di'anno for 1 more tour whilst we're on the nostalgia trail!! His voice and style has definately stood the test of time better than Dickinsons.
Oh and I could never get over how much of a dildo Janick Gers was..

Oh for fucks sake....we've got a noob starting an argument about whos the best Iron Maiden vocalist.....seriously......this is gettin a bit of a fukin joke aint it??????