A man of iron I have grown.

seems crazy it could do that in a mere 10 days assuming the guy wasn't a bit unbalanced to begin with though...

He probably was, I mean not everyone is killing themselves, haha. But, enough people think about it that they have 'shadow watch' which is where 2 recruits watch you 24/7, they take your shoelaces and belt, rifle sling, etc.

Some people just can't take a beating, whether mental or physical, and both are the order of the day on Parris Island. Some people just arn't cut out to be warriors.

Well, we had a good long discussion about this awhile back I remember. I've seen similar things in regard to recruting standards, but I think it's safe to say Tully would know better about this than most of us.

Yeah, I deleted my post because I dont want to get into that argument again. It's well-documented though. Thats all I'm saying.

I am in the infantry.

Once I get a few weaks into the School of Infantry I will be one of these:

Rifleman (MOS 0311)
Light Armored Vehicle Crewman (MOS 0313)
Reconnaissance Man (MOS 0321)
Machine Gunner (MOS 0331)
Mortarman (MOS 0341)
Assaultman (MOS 0351)
Antitank Assault Guided Missileman (MOS 0352)

And damnit, now I'm currious as to what Dorians post was about.

Haha, that and 0311 are my top choices.

Kill fucking everyone, or blow fucking everything up (which kills fucking everyone anyways).

Yea when it was all very romantic, haha, I still want to try out the scout/sniper and Recon indoc, but they are both fucking ridiculously insane. It'll be a few years before I am at that level.

:lol:
Yea when it was all very romantic, haha, I still want to try out the scout/sniper and Recon indoc, but they are both fucking ridiculously insane. It'll be a few years before I am at that level.

Yeah, I've heard some stories about Recon training. I'll probably just go infantry instead. Just making it into the Marines would be good enough for me. :lol:

Did you meet the basic PFT requirements before you joined? Or did you work on those in boot camp?