A Message From Amon Amarth

VikingMan

Sep 28, 2008
Montreal - Canada
Amon Amarth and drummer Fredrik Andersson have decided to part ways after 17 years. Fredrik has been an important part of Amon Amarth’s development since he joined the band in 1998 and we wish him all the best for the future. We are currently in the process of writing the new album, but at the moment there is no replacement for him.

-Amon Amarth

http://amonamarth.com/a-message-from-amon-amarth/

Thank you Fredrik for the music and good luck for whatever you're going to do next

11069309_448140918669404_1873244509379947567_n.jpg

Fred's been with the band longer than I've listened to them, I only ever heard them the first time around 2000 or so.

Thanks for all the music and what you've done with and for the band Fredrik!

Lycka till med vad du tar dig för framöver!

Aj, det var inte kul... (Darn, not great news...)

I have HUGE respect for Fred's drumming skills, he is definitely my favorite drummer and I sincerely hope he will keep drumming. His skills behind those drums are amazing.

Lycka till i framtiden Fredrik, sköt om dig, vi älskar dig. (Good luck with the future Fredrik, take care of yourself, we love you.)

I'm bummed. I was really hoping these guys would all stick it out to the bitter end.

My son just started drumming but I don't think he would qualify as a suitable replacement quite yet.

To Fred. Good luck my friend. You have been an amazing asset for Amon Amarth. You will be greatly missed by all of us fans. I can't wait to hear the new This Ending album.

To Amon Amarth. You guys are going to be swamped with requests to try out. What drummer out there would not want the opportunity to be a member of the mighty Amon Amarth? Especially with album number 10 in the works!!!

Whatever might be the reason behind his decision, it is indeed tough to digest this news! Fred has brought his own uniqueness and Godlike drum skills, forging a legacy with the mighty AA!! I couldn't thank you more sir! I'm pretty sure replacing him is a challenge..