A modest request

Imaginarium

Winds of Creation
Mar 16, 2005
England, UK
Would you wise and wonderful people be able to advise some bands with a melodic and beautiful power metal sound such as Sonata Arctica? I am head over heels in love with both Silence and Winterheart's Guild and some other suggestions would be very much appreciated :) thank you in advance.

Check out "WINGDOM" and their album "Reality". It's the new band of the 2nd keyboarder of Sonata Arctica, who loves Symphony X ! :D

If you mean bands with the Power to Own Your Soul, this would help me also. I was actually planning on starting a thread like this when I got home from school.

Timeless Miracle (you can't go wrong with this group if you like Sonata... a *bit* cheesy maybe)
Wuthering Heights (a bit folk'ish though... singer from Astral Doors/ Space Odyssey)
Vision Divine

Rhapsody is one of the cheesiest bands ever, but that's more reason to love them. They kick ass.

I don't know if it's what you count as melodic, but Blind Guardian does well at having speed, heaviness, and melodic beauty all at the same time. But that's just my personal taste. :)

Definitely Lost Horizon. His ex-vocalist (what a pity...) is out of this world. You have to hear it.
You can try out also: Kamelot, Avantasia, the latest Angra, especially Rebirth and Domine (if you can stand cheesiness and REALLY high-pitched vocalists, they rock :headbang: ).

Greetings.

If you want to hear the best (power)metal ever made, you'll have to get The Keeper of the Seven keys part I & II. I don't give a shit about their other albums. Helloween, of course.

But I wouldn't put them in the same basket as Sonata though. But since this seems to have turned into a recommend any power metal band thread, so... :]

(Tobias Sammet's) Avantasia, The Metal Opera Parts 1 & 2 are pretty badass. They really =have that kind of Power to Own your Soul.

thank you all very much for the suggestions...

Kamelot...

wow. i bought epica and the black halo..Epica is out of this world. EXACTLY what i was looking for...i've decided not to listen to The Black Halo yet as I want to completely absorb every last note of Epica first. Which of their albums would you view as their best?