A Natural Disaster Travis?

rasher

New Metal Member
Dec 14, 2003
the reflection of the sky in the water is naturally blue, but the sky is red??? :loco:

Maybe it's just one of those things that went unnoticed or you could'nt change:p

well in fairness, the title does suggest a disaster of this natural occurence........., but that's unintentional i'm sure, maybe if you had'nt of made that bright red sky look way too artificial, it would'nt stand out as much......, a darker crimson perhaps??????????

rasher said:
the reflection of the sky in the water is naturally blue, but the sky is red??? :loco:
I think it is castration of this kinda symbolism or maybe art itself if you just seek
to keep alive that reflection as literal fact.

Are you a photoshop contest hero?

berlioz said:
I think it is castration of this kinda symbolism or maybe art itself if you just seek
to keep alive that reflection as literal fact.

Are you a photoshop contest hero?

An error more like, and referring to Paul Cezanne's handwriting in the typeface used for 'a natural disaster', definitely castration of 'fine' art...use your own handwriting ffs or someone elses even, espeically for an album of this stature...

Something like this that 'obviously' sets out to show, that this 'is' actually happening without showing a shoddy eyesore, caused by manipulating it through the use of Adobe Photoshop or using camera lens filter,...does not convince. Its a shame, a nice image, the red shimmer on the sand works great but what happened to the water? The manipulator never reached it?

No, i'm not a photoshop contest hero.

rasher said:
well in fairness, the title does suggest a disaster of this natural occurence........., but that's unintentional i'm sure, maybe if you had'nt of made that bright red sky look way too artificial, it would'nt stand out as much......, a darker crimson perhaps??????????

Maybe you could design a cover, and send it to Anathema, and they will hire you next time instead of Travis. It sounds like you know what's best.

rasher said:
An error more like, and referring to Paul Cezanne's handwriting in the typeface used for 'a natural disaster', definitely castration of 'fine' art...use your own handwriting ffs or someone elses even, espeically for an album of this stature...

Something like this that 'obviously' sets out to show, that this 'is' actually happening without showing a shoddy eyesore, caused by manipulating it through the use of Adobe Photoshop or using camera lens filter,...does not convince. Its a shame, a nice image, the red shimmer on the sand works great but what happened to the water? The manipulator never reached it?

No, i'm not a photoshop contest hero.

"They had chained him down to things that are, and had then explained the workings of those things till mystery had gone out of the world."

H. P. Lovecraft

you may be right in everything you say, rasher, but i still think it is a nice image!
not convincing, not the right typeface, not the right tone of red?????
could all well be, but the overall feel of the image does work, for me anyway...:)

ah yeah it does have a desolate feel to it deffo, its just my opinion, its for a great band, but i feel they needed something quite different to the obvious, cos i know if i saw this firsthand i'd think 'prog rock/metal', and why would that be? its the style, it shouldnt be like that, but neutral to all previous connotations, a hard one to do i know, but at least ten years from now, you'll go, wow that was an orginal! for an original band of course