A new distro just starting up

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
A dude on another board is getting a small distro started, so 'm just letting you guys know, in case you see something you might want. Granted, it's not much right now, but I think this is only his second month. Here's his post:

New stuff for this week:

Manilla Road - Crystal Logic CD - $12.80

-The reissue of this power/traditional/doom metal masterpiece! This is their third album, and many consider it to be their finest hour. (Iron Glory, 1983/2002)

MP3: Necropolis

Manilla Road - The Spiral Castle CD - $12.80

-This is the second album Manilla Road has released since reuniting in 2000, and it's easily one of their finest albums. Still the same epic metal we all know and love, but with a slightly doomier edge this time around. Excellent. (Iron Glory, 2002)

MP3s: Spiral Castle
Seven Trumpets

Winter - Into Darkness/Eternal Frost CD - $5
-Winter were one of the definitive doom/death bands, and have yet to be equaled in terms of sheer oppressive heaviness. Contains their classic LP and EP. (Nuclear Blast, 1992)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's the old list again:

Audio Kollaps - Music From An Extreme, Sick World CD - $8

-Brutal death/grind with touches of black metal and crusty punk. This is one of my favorite bands nowadays, and this is an awesome follow-up to their killer debut album. (Crimes Against Humanity, 2004)

MP3: Ballet of Death or Ice Age

Beyond Description - A Road To A Brilliant Future CD - $8

-Excellent mid-80s style crossover/thrash metal from this long-running Japanese band! Highly recommended for fans of Municipal Waste, early Crumbsuckers, Hirax, etc. (Crimes Against Humanity, 2004)

MP3: Belief

Brocas Helm - Defender Of The Crown CD - $10

-This awesome San Francisco metal band's first full-length album in 16 years definitely doesn't disappoint, and might be their best work to date. Incredible epic traditional metal for fans of The Lord Weird Slough Feg and Manilla Road. (Self-released, 2004)

MP3: Defender Of The Crown

Demilich - Nespithe CD - $5.50

-This album pretty much set the standard for insane, technical death metal. This is the original pressing on Pavement/Necropolis. (Necropolis, 1993)

The Dying Light - Survival Guide For The Apocalypse CD - $8

-Absolutely insane blackened death/thrash from these ex-Ripping Corpse and Ceremonium members! (Hypercube Productions, 2002)

Legend - Anthology 2xCD - $12.50

-This collects both self-released LPs, a 12" EP, and a ton of unreleased tracks by this excellent but highly underrated NWOBHM band. Highly recommended! (Monster Records)

MP3: Torture

Manilla Road - Mystification CD - $10

-The mindblowingly wonderful 1987 album from one of the most consistently amazing metal bands of all time. Incredible epic power/thrash metal. (Sentinel Steel)

Manilla Road - Mark Of The Beast CD - $11

-This was to be Manilla Road's second full-length (recorded in 1981), but was shelved by the band, and wasn't officially released until 2002. It's a damn shame that it went unreleased for so long too, because, like most albums by this band, this is an absolute classic. It has more of a psychedelic rock sound than other MR albums, but for the most part this still retains that brilliant, brilliant epic metal sound that this band is known for. Fans of their classic "Crystal Logic" LP will definitely want to pick this up. (Monster Records , 1981/2002)

MP3: Aftershock

Metalucifer - Heavy Metal Chainsaw CD - $12.15

-The second classic album from Gezol's (Sabbat) NWOBHM-style side project. Essential for all NWOBHM/traditional metal junkies. (Iron Pegasus, 2001)

Sabbat - Karisma CD - $12.15

-This is this cult Japanese band's sixth full-length album of killer black/thrash metal, and it might be their best one to date. Like all of their releases, this has a very dark, "occult"-sounding atmosphere, and is filled to the brim with blazing leads and incredible solos. A modern classic. (Iron Pegasus, 1999)

Sabbat - Satanasword CD - $12.15

-Similar to the classic Karisma LP, and equally essential. (Iron Pegasus, 2000)

Sabbat - Karmagmassacre CD - $12.15

-Yet ANOTHER instant classic from Japan's most prolific metal band. They seem to be going for more of a thrash/traditional metal sound this time around, and, unsurprisingly, the results are amazing. Essential. (Iron Pegasus, 2003)

Watchtower - Energetic Disassembly CD - $11

-The first LP (1985) from this legendary band, finally given the official reissue treatment. These guys pretty much singlehandedly invented technical thrash metal. (Monster Records,1985/2004)

MP3: Meltdown

Watchtower - Demonstrations In Chaos CD - $11

-This compiles pretty much everything Watchtower recorded with original vocalist Jason McMaster (aside from the classic Energetic Disassembly LP), including early demos, a few previously unreleased tracks, their song from the "Cottage Cheese From The Lips Of Death' compilation, and a few live tracks from 1985 and 1986 for just over 75 minutes of tech-thrash mayhem! All tracks are remastered and sound absolutely excellent. Another amazing reissue from Monster! (Monster Records, 2002)

MP3: The Eldritch

------------------

Please e-mail all orders, questions, etc to rewinadistro@hotmail.com . My preferred method of payment is Paypal, but I also accept money orders and concealed cash. These prices do not include shipping (you will be charged the exact shipping cost).

Also let me know if you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list. I'm constantly getting new albums in stock!

Thanks!
-mark

New stuff for this week:

Nuclear Death - Bride Of Insect/Carrion For Worm - $7.50

-Absolutely fucking raging death/grind from this ridiculously underrated band. This is a reissue of their first 2 LPs, originally released on Wild Rags Records in the early 90s. Lori Bravo's insane vocal delivery and truly sick and bizarre lyrics really push this over the top. Utterly essential for any fans of early grindcore and raw death/thrash metal. (Extremist, 1990/1991/2000)

Nuclear Death - For Our Dead/All Creatures Great And Eaten - $7.50

-Another awesome ND reissue! This compiles their third LP and "For Our Dead" EP, and, if anything, they're even more raw and evil-sounding than the earlier stuff. I can almost guarantee you've never heard another death/grind band that sounds like this. Comes with a thick booklet full of Lori's demented artwork. (Extremist, 1992/2001)

All of the albums listed above are still available.

------------------------------
probably nothing you lot would like, butcha never know

An update....he has a website now too. (FYI - I ordered two CDs from him, and they turned up in 48 hours).

From an e-mail I got......

http://www.nbcs.rutgers.edu/~khiijol/rewina/

And here's the new stuff:

Engorged - Where Monsters Dwell - $8
-The latest album from this awesome death/grind/thrash metal band, and easily their finest effort to date. (Razorback, 2004)

Ghoul * Maniaxe - $8
-The second album of gore-soaked death metal from these Creepsylvanian lunatics! This has more of a classic thrash metal sound than their debut. (Razorback, 2003)

Hammers Of Misfortune - The Bastard - $10
-Absolutely epic and crushing traditional/power/doom/black metal! Features ex and current members of The Lord Weird Slough Feg, Ludicra, and Fireball Ministry. (tUMULt, 2000)