A new Opeth fan has arrived!

Saikpyro

Oct 26, 2002
In Stockholm
Visit site
Hi! I’m a 32 year old guy from Sweden, Stockholm. I’m recently fallen in love with a band called Opeth. I don’t know about all of u, but nowadays its not often that I feel like "crying out to the whole would...LISTEN to this now!!" I feel like I wanna baptize people to come to the one and only true light ;) when I listen to Opeth. It’s really fun to be surprised by a record and now a whole bunch surprises me!

My favourite group of all time is Marillion (The old Marillion with Fish as the singer. Not the new Marillion, I thing they simply suck). The record "Misplaced Childhood" is for me the most brilliant album ever. The lyrics is simply Amazing! And the music must be heard by all, before u pass this time and place. Iv done so many things with these records playing in the background. They was (and are) a part of my life: Script for a jesters tear, fugazi, misplaced childhood and clutching at straws.

Now I have a new group to be crazy about and that feels niiiiccce. When u fall in love with music it is almost like being struck by the arrow of Amore (almost I said, I’m not totally out of my mind...). So now u all do as I’m telling u. Listen to Opeth. Do not just "listen for 5 min" but listen to for ex "Still Life" from beginning to end. Awesome! And then u MUST listen to Marillions "Childhoods end". And read the lyrics damn u. They are simply superb.

Over and out, I hope I didn’t bore u all to death with my ramblings but I just had to u know.:D

/Saikpyro

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love Fish-era Marillion too, Misplaced Childhood is indeed a masterpiece!! Do you like any of Fish's solo stuff as well? I am particularly fond of Raingods With Zippos..great cd, IMO.

I'm also a new Opeth fan, recently bought my first Opeth cd (Blackwater Park for those who are keeping track of these things).

Welcome to UM..hope you'll have fun here! :)