A new song for my band (again!)

wrote this yesterday, pretty damn happy with it.

guitars were a prs with emg85 in the bridge and 89 in the neck. all guitar and bass sounds are podfarm right now (going to reamp this week).

Song 29 Podfarm

what do you guys think?

I really think the 85 is perfect for this kind of stuff, it has a low end chug that I cant get from anything else.

I already have heard great mixes from you but I dont like this one. Drum sounds fake as hell, the guitars sound boxy and their midrange it´s really weird. Sorry dude:erk:

dont worry man, was meant to put it was literally finished last night - i've just adjusted some levels and cut some noise out. other than that i have done nothing, its just a mix template i use for my band and i imported the drum tracks into it to track guitars to.

drums havent been written properly yet, guitars are literally just default podfarm settings, was more after thoughts on the song/arrangement rather than the mix yet tbh

ed! man id love to listen to that song , but i cant stand the drums haha. mind using different presets ?
also guitars... cant listen to podfarm guitars either any more (being an axe fx user now)

song / arrangement - liked the little tapping ideas ! your pretty much writing stuff similar to a band im currently working with, hehe. a little kse, a little more proggy elements. very intelligent writing!

sorry i havent come up with some new vocal ideas for your songs, but i dont even have time for my own bands album :-(
hows the singer search going ?

Song 31 ROUGH

thats the other song, its even more rough than this one though tbh.

ill be doing reamping this week, ill also have the triple rec back here too so looking forward to using that again!

at the moment we're just demoing ideas, trying out different things so when it comes to the proper recordings we'll know exactly what we'll want. i kind of like this drum sound, although the midi needs a ton of work as its way too simple right now.

dan: no worries about the vocals, still had no luck finding anyone. did you ever hear what my mate did? see through the steam. i was really happy with how that turned out, but doesnt look like he'll be up for doing it full time.

cheers man!

i think theres up to 14 layers of guitars in these songs, a ton of subtle shite going on. I was actually going for something kind of like impossibility of reason by chimaira for drums, but yeah i can totally see how they are a bit too clicky right now. bass sounds like ass too, it needs new pickups and strings.

Song 31 ROUGH

thats the other song, its even more rough than this one though tbh.

ill be doing reamping this week, ill also have the triple rec back here too so looking forward to using that again!

at the moment we're just demoing ideas, trying out different things so when it comes to the proper recordings we'll know exactly what we'll want. i kind of like this drum sound, although the midi needs a ton of work as its way too simple right now.

dan: no worries about the vocals, still had no luck finding anyone. did you ever hear what my mate did? see through the steam. i was really happy with how that turned out, but doesnt look like he'll be up for doing it full time.

really cool stuff he did. sorry it didnt work out. man i wished i lived in the uk so we could team up haha. hope my band will get the chance to play the uk someday, then we should definately do a little uk AND germany tour toghether! all the best!

Hope I don't get flamed for bumping an old thread, but I really dig the song, man!

I agree about the drums being too clicky, tho.