A Night at the Opera

Damian B

¯\(°_o)/¯
Nov 8, 2007
NC, USA
Nightfall in Middle Earth has always been my favorite Blind Guardian album, but I just gave NATO another spin and goddamn is it good! :kickass:

That is all.

:loco:

Yeah dude, I love that album! (but I think I like "A Twist in the Myth" a bit more, but they're neck and neck) Honestly though, I really don't like much BG before "A Night..."

One of my favourite bands I had the first BG t-shirt in Spain, I think it was 1991, when they release their best album:
90_tales_from_the_twilight_world.jpg

Seen them live more than 12 times i think.

I could cry, when I hear this...do you feel the same, bros? One of the best songs evaaaaarrr!!

To be on topic...I love Nightfall and Opera, but I remember it took a while to being used to Opera..but it grows to a wonderful record for me. The refrain of "precious Jerusalem" is awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Nightfall" for the complete win

"...Opera" is fantastic as well, the production is amazing (Bauerfiend) but "Nightfall" has all of what is best about BG ... mainly because of the darker tone of the music

just could not get into "Myth" .. the only BG disc I have not bought so far and pretty much have no interest. Anything before "Opera" is just fucking amazing though. My 1st trip to Wacken was mainly just so I could see them headline the one night. I never dreamed they would be playing in New Jersey 3 months later :p

I should also add that I really dislike the fact that there are no fast songs on their new one. BG has always had fast stuff. While I would be bored if they ONLY had fast songs, a few would have made the new cd better. Its like they removed an essential element to their sound. That, and I don't like the new drummer so far :p