A question about my NES

Best NES game ever: The Guardian Legend.

BTW, I bet I pwn everyone here at Mega Man 2 speedrun competition (without program assistance ofcourse, on real console only). :cool:

Part of the whole NES experience is developing the rituals that make the games work after you get the color screens. Like, sometimes you just gotta blow in that fuckin' cartridge, smack it against your ass, then spin three times and pop it in.

The best game was actually Solar Jetman. Certainly the most underrated, at least.

Here's a review vid for the curious:

One thing: the guy doing the review is dead wrong about the difficulty of the game. It's actually one of the most forgiving on the NES, since there's no time limit and it's really easy to stay alive if you're cautious. Plus, you get a passcode at the end of each level that you can enter in at the main menu to essentially reload all your progress.

One of my goals in life is to do a 3-D remake of that game. I hope I get in good with a developer someday so I can make that happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn, i just remembered... i STILL havent finished Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 on the NES... T_T

i liked Duck Tales and Double Dragon 2 a lot.

Has anyone played Iron Sword? It's pretty hard.
Yes It is pretty good. IMO W&W III is the best in the series though. Much more engaging and adventure like, and not just hack n slash (both the first game and especially Iron Sword are just filled with enemies, while I've beat both they are definitly annoying to play :p).

there are surprising mentions of amazing games in this thread.

SOLAR JETMAN FTW

BASEBALL STARS FTW

SKATE OR DIE FTW

although I don't remember which of the two 'Skate or Die' games had you skating around in the mall after you smack down the city mayor, but that one was the best one.

also I'd love to see all the ZOMG ONLY FINAL FANTASY/HALO/GRAND THEFT AUTO!11 people get halfway through 'Solar Jetman'. I've only gotten to the fourth planet..but I'm proud of it. *waves cane*

I also must make vote of the awesomeness of 'Bonk's Adventure', best caveman game ever.

also I'd love to see all the ZOMG ONLY FINAL FANTASY/HALO/GRAND THEFT AUTO!11 people get halfway through 'Solar Jetman'. I've only gotten to the fourth planet..but I'm proud of it. *waves cane*

I don't think there's much of an increase in difficulty throughout the game really, just bigger planets. The hard part comes when you've beaten the last planet, you have the golden warpship assembled, and then you have to pilot it through this god-awful side-scrolling maze of asteroids and shit which gives you NO time to think.

I might have made more of an effort to get through it, but they don't give you a new passcode after you beat the last planet, and it's the biggest fucking planet in the whole game, so basically if you fuck up the warpship level you have to spend another 2-3 hours beating the planet. :erk: