A quick clip with my Schecter 007BJ & Powerball

Torniojaws

They call me Juha
May 15, 2005
Espoo, Finland
www.vortechmusic.com
Finally got all my new gear (Behringer Truth B2030A & M-Audio Audiophile 2496) sorted together into recording form, and here's a quick clip I made:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/juhau/torniojaws_riffiskaba_28.mp3 (928 KB)

It's still a bit dark, but I'm sure I'll get better now that I have at least decent gear for proper mixes now :)

Shure SM57 -->
Behringer MX602A -->
Audiophile -->
Sony Acid 4.0 Pro

man that sounds really cool, post the whole song :headbang:

I really like the smooth nature of engls, and of course the low end rules :Spin:

Is this the new powerball or the older version, and what was the cabinet and guitar chain?

ah cool, yeah the midrange is great so v30's make sense.

do you have any recordings done in bands(and at studios) with the powerball?

the majority of clips out there obviosly don't do this thing justice

DSS3 - I'm pretty sure there is more to the mix than having a powerball, same sound card, and an SM57. =)

Tornio - The clip you posted, is it still a work in progress composition wise, or can you post what you have of the entire tune so far? I'd really like to hear it.

I tell ya, I've yet to hear a bad Powerball clip when in the right hands. Those things impress the hell out of me.

I like very much the tone!!!

Maybe the drums are too underwatery.

But definitely a good heavy guitar sound!!!

It's amazing how the tecnology allow us to obtain such good recordings nowadays!!! I remember when a small reharsal tape would sound like a mess of indistinguishable things....

Fabbio said:
It's amazing how the tecnology allow us to obtain such good recordings nowadays!!! I remember when a small reharsal tape would sound like a mess of indistinguishable things....

+1

Man, I had to dig deep to find this one again, but I have some questions for you, Torniojaws. I really like this sound, and I'm curious about precisely how you got it. So...

Is this the vertical slant Engl 2x12 with V30s or the horizontal one?

If it's the slant, which speaker did you mic?

Is that just one 57 or more than one, and how did you position the mic relative to the speaker and the grille?