A quick update...

Kazrog

Kazrog, Inc.
Mar 6, 2002
California
kazrog.com
So I'm putting together a live lineup to do some shows this summer. Also going to start finishing up some of the new material (I've got about 2 albums worth of rough demos of songs, just a matter of finishing it all.)

I've realized that I'm busy enough that having a band lineup is the only way to make sure I don't leave Backmask on the back burner forever. If I have other impatient people bugging me to get things done, it always helps. :lol:

We'll announce the lineup as soon as it's solidified. Somebody cool from a past lineup will be involved, quite possibly also with the writing/recording process. I'm very stoked about this, actually...

PS - about "Arrival," I've gotten enough distance from the song and its surrounding circumstances/inspiration that I feel really good about it finally. Believe it or not, I wasn't happy with it initially - the process of writing it was really arduous, and the lyrics that I began to write were very personal. I definitely would like to finish the song, and flesh it out with vocals, but I don't want to lose any of the solos, so the song may have to get longer. I hope nobody minds.

We've got about 4 other new songs that I'm feeling really solid about. We may opt to release a couple of new songs once they're demoed up properly in anticipation of the full length. Sorry this has taken so long, life got in the way for a few years, but finally Backmask is one of my top priorities again.