Backmask Update - Good News!

Kazrog

Kazrog, Inc.
Mar 6, 2002
California
kazrog.com
I know I've put out a variety of conflicting announcements the last few months, and it's time to settle all of this once and for all, as I finally feel settled and most importantly excited about the future of BACKMASK.

So, I'm putting together new material, and a new lineup for BACKMASK. After a lot of life changes and introspection I've realized that extreme metal is what I do best, and that BACKMASK must continue forward, stronger than before. Direction-wise, the new material picks up where "Dark Fiber" left off, in fact some of the songs contain riffs originally intended for "Dark Fiber" that were left out due to time constraints.

It's also time to launch a new website, Backmask.com is getting very crusty and hard to maintain... also there's a ton of cool photos and videos I want to put up from the last few BACKMASK tours. More updates soon!

I wondered why the logo in your sig had changed. I figured it must have been on your mind.

Any chance of eventually hunting for a label or anything? Tough times I know, but I always figured you guys could definately pick up the ball and run with it, the music's always been awesome. :)

Thanks!

I don't think that record labels are a good fit for any true musician these days. Unless you want to be the next Jonas Brothers or whatever, I don't think that labels are a good idea at all. At that level, it's not really about music, or any kind of content quality anymore as much as it is about "celebrity" in the broadest sense, and mixed media presence.

I used to think that it might be cool to sign a distribution deal, but with all the physical stores gone, it's kind of a question of "distribution to what?" Backmask already is available at all the major online outlets such as Amazon and iTunes, so I really don't see any point to any further distro. If anything, I'd be more keen on hiring a badass marketing firm (for a fee, not a cut) and working on some kind of strategy with them, but I'm pretty damn good at marketing myself and I'd like to see what I can do on my own first.