BACKMASK Album Finished!

Hehe, thought somebody might notice...

I've taken our new site live and the album is for sale! Let me know what you all think! I'm going to make the big announcement in the morning.

Got it! Listening soon. :)

EDIT: Holy guacamole batman! This is really really good! I'll be listening to this a lot! I'll be sure to tell my friends.

Just bought it, Shane! Sounds killer, even re-encoded to MP3 at VBR. FLAC sounded fantastic. Great work! Glad you finally got this sucker done.

So I'm still not totally clear. Are the guitars done with the PodXT or your mic'd 6505+? Or both? I know you had talked about doing some reamping of the Pod tracks back through your amp and cab... is this what you did? Maybe I just missed it in the discussion above.

Regs,
Jeff

Are the guitars done with the PodXT or your mic'd 6505+? Or both? I know you had talked about doing some reamping of the Pod tracks back through your amp and cab... is this what you did? Maybe I just missed it in the discussion above.

All the guitars are done with the mic'd 6505+. We only use the PodXT for tracking and initial preproduction stuff within the band. The solo on Zero Point is the only guitar done with an IR of the oversized Mesa.

Many thanks to all of you who have helped us with the production and for supporting our efforts. You guys all rock!

:worship: :headbang:

how you do your art? Photoshop ? Stole it from somebody?:lol:

For this album I primarily used 3D software formerly made by MetaCreations called Carrara. It's basically like an easier-to-use Maya. I'm very happy with how the art came out.

I still use Photoshop to do all the lettering, print layouts, etc., but Carrara rules for getting the actual art done.

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - BACKMASK Releases Debut Album, Seeks Permanent Drummer
Santa Barbara, California-based melodic death metal group BACKMASK has just released its debut album, "Dark Fiber". With their heavily Scandinavian-influenced sound, BACKMASK has secured a loyal following in their home state since their inception.

BACKMASK began in 2001 when vocalist/guitarist Shane McFee (son of longtime/current DOOBIE BROTHERS guitarist and famous studio multi-instrumentalist John McFee) recruited band members with a self-produced demo. Quickly developing a local following with their furious live onslaught, BACKMASK then secured global notoriety with a #1 charting song on MP3.com and GarageBand.com in 2002. After relentless regional touring in their home state of California, BACKMASK followed up in 2004 with a five-song EP produced by Kurt Howell, which earned the band strong reviews and major label interest.

A do-it-yourself band from the start, BACKMASK eschewed major label "stardom" for the road of complete creative control. With the addition of bassist Richard Chapleau (ex-THE DAY AFTER) in 2006, BACKMASK recorded and released the self-produced full-length album "Dark Fiber". In the midst of recording "Dark Fiber", Richard asked guitarist Oscar Barron (also ex-THE DAY AFTER) to join up with BACKMASK, making the twin-guitar antics of the album a reality live.

BACKMASK is currently seeking a permanent drummer. Interested parties should contact the band via their web site: BACKMASK Official Website.

dude, wow I had no idea yall are that huge of a band!

First, I wouldn't have expected your cd to be posted on Blabber......and I didn't know your the son of a Doobie Bro!:OMG:

Nor did I know yall were #1 on mp3.com or Garageband.

ha, small world fo sho!

much congrats on the promotions and exposure!:kickass:

dude, wow I had no idea yall are that huge of a band!

First, I wouldn't have expected your cd to be posted on Blabber......and I didn't know your the son of a Doobie Bro!

Nor did I know yall were #1 on mp3.com or Garageband.

ha, small world fo sho!
much congrats on the promotions and exposure!:kickass:

Thanks! We're not as big as a press release makes us sound. We're trying really hard to get the word out there right now and I'm stoked any time we get publicity like this.

My dad's an amazing musician and he also plays on our song "Prisoner of Mind," the second electric guitar solo and also all the mandolin!

you did an awesome job on ur music and u deserve to get space in the media! congrats!

i posted on your band's forum... answer me! lol!

cya dude

What the hell format should I buy? I do not want mp.3 clueless as to what would be more desirable on the broadband side.

Actually I have heard of apple lossless but have never heard of FLAC.

I am on a mac give me the short answer :)

Go for Apple Lossless if you're a Mac/iTunes guy. Basically, it's the same thing as FLAC, only iTunes compatible.