BACKMASK Album Finished!

Kazrog

Kazrog, Inc.
Mar 6, 2002
California
kazrog.com
So we finally finished our new album "Dark Fiber," and we'll be releasing it on December 5th through our new website, which will launch the same day.

Thanks to all of you who helped us out with mix feedback, samples, POD XT sounds, etc., and of course a big thanks to Andy Sneap and James Murphy for all of the great advice!

We've posted 4 of the new songs on http://www.backmask.com and http://myspace.com/backmask, be sure and check them out!

:headbang:

Hey Shane,

It's Pete from Cloakwheel. The new songs sound great man! Whenever you're ready, we want to get some shows together with you up here in the city still man. Keep up the great work and talk to you later man.

sounds real good:headbang:

curious to what exactly you did on Transmission for the clean vocal parts that shit sounds so awesome just sucks you into song!!!

We got a little clean part in our song and wanted to do something similar so any details or help would kill!

Oh my god! You can do that Peter Tagtgren scream thing! I just heard it near the end of Transmission. I REALLY want to be able to do that, I'm so envious you have no idea. :worship: I'm very impressed. Any tips on how to do that? :lol:

Oh my god! You can do that Peter Tagtgren scream thing! I just heard it near the end of Transmission. I REALLY want to be able to do that, I'm so envious you have no idea. :worship: I'm very impressed. Any tips on how to do that? :lol:

This isn't how I discovered it, but if you watch the Zen of Screaming DVD, Melissa Cross talks about making a "Marge Simpson" noise. It's kind of similar to that. You just have to direct the air flow in such a way that you get this weird raspy scream. It's not that different than the Dani Filth high-pitched scream either.

But yeah, I did totally rip this off from Peter Tägtgren. :lol:

sounds real good:headbang:

curious to what exactly you did on Transmission for the clean vocal parts that shit sounds so awesome just sucks you into song!!!

We got a little clean part in our song and wanted to do something similar so any details or help would kill!

Thanks! Honestly I didn't do really anything to those vocals. My typical vocal channel is that I run my vocals into an LA2A compressor on the way in, and I then use a De-Esser, some EQ and some more Compression in the computer. Nothing too crazy. For two-part harmonies as on this song, I usually double-track each harmony part, so I have 4 vocal tracks. Sometimes I pan those, sometimes I don't, depends on the song.

Hope that helps!

Killer production, killer songs. I will be buying it for sure. Nice job, Shane.